Bluetooth headset

Is there an output in Nait5 integrated amp to connect to a Bluetooth transmitter that powers a headset? I love my speakers and everything about Naim that I’ve had for over 25 years. I’d like to listen without disturbing my wife. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Provided the Bluetooth transmitter has line in socketry and its own volume control etc… then you could connect up to the NAIT 5’s Tape out. This is at a fixed level for feeding to a recorder or Headphone amp. You’ll need an appropriate lead - see the FAQ here on connecting a Headphone amp to a Naim system;

2 Likes

Hi Recap,

I use a NuPrime Omnia WR-1 with my Nait 5i. The WR-1 has two way bluetooth (sending and recieving).

A RCA cable from the tape out on your Nait to the analogue input connector on the WR-1 makes it possible to send the bluetooth signal from example (my) CD5i through the Nait 5i to WR-1 and the WR-1 makes it bluetooth signal which send to my B&W PX5 headphone.

The WR-1 musical quality is great. And the price is ok…But the WR-1 is unfortunately discontinued. Maybe you can get one used.

Another option i tried with the same Nait5i is with a MARMITEK BoomBoom 100 bluetooth-adapter. It works well but musical wise I was not impressed…

Because streaming is changing so much, I try to spend as little as possible on streaming in this phase. I’m still a CD player.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you Richard. I have started to look into this. Don’t know what amp I will get in Toronto but I’m going to look. Your link is also helpful.
Albert

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.