Bluetooth

A question… I am thinking of investing in a MuSo for use in a static caravan that has no access to wi-fi on the site and not likely to acquire it either! The 4G signal is good and I was wondering if the Bluetooth connection would do a job without wi-fi. I can’t see why not but…

I would want to Bluetooth principally Qobuz and internet radio from my iPhone to the MuSo. Other members of the family will use either Spotify or Apple Music.

Moreover, I may want to make a physical connection connection from a TV to the MuSo. Again, I can’t see a problem but…

Anyone foresee any connection or other issues?

The MuSo would be initially set up at home (as is the Uniti Atom and would have use at home when it’s not at the Caravan… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

One thing to think about is that the Naim app running on your phone can’t talk to the muso without WiFi. But you could just set up an old router/WiFi access point in your caravan so that both your phone and muso could see each other. This is definitely doable, but you have to remember to put the phone off WiFi when you want to use it for anything else of course.

You can probably get by without using the app, but I’m not certain about things like Bluetooth etc.

Best

David

1 Like

Thanks. That’s a consideration. I wonder too if using the phone as a personal hot spot could do a job job?

1 Like

To be honest I don’t know. But someone will!
Best
David

If you have a decent 4G reception in the caravan you could get a 4G wireless modem similar to those supplied by the home internet providers as a backup in case broadband goes down.

You then have a wireless network / internet connection / Qobuz live streaming

1 Like

Make the phone a WiFi hotspot, connect Muso to it, job done. No modem needed no Bluetooth required.

1 Like

Yes it would.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmations and ideas. Appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.