Bored with box count...where does a Qute "sit"?

I bought mine as new old stock in 2015 at a discount. The serial number dates it as a 2010 or 11 unit. So perhaps newer screens or those of the UQ2 are better. One could only hope.

1 Like

The way I see it, fun is the one thing you don’t lose with the lower end Naim gear. My guess is that this is a priority for Naim when they ‘voice’ their amps (whatever that means!)
What you get when you climb the ladder is more refinement, more detail, a lower noise floor, but that boogie factor that makes Naim amps fun is there in the entry level products, and from what I’ve heard, that includes the Unitiqute.

4 Likes

A Qute is probably of an age where it is due for a recap and a screen replacement. Hopefully, the price reflects that. Even if the screen was set to 10 secs off, a period boxed unused can often trigger the start of screen dimming.

That said, box count aside, a UQ2 is a nice step up from a CD3.5/Nait3 in my view. I’d hold out for a UQ2 if you can catch one. People tend to hang onto them though. Certainly couldn’t fathom selling mine.

1 Like

Agree, despite being an all in one, I’d take a UQ2 in preference to a CD 3.5 & Nait3, I had them both and wasn’t that impressed with the CDP, and sold it on pretty quickly.

Maintenance wise long term, I think these devices will be perhaps more at the mercy of the control App, tablet and phone development, rather than the main hardware failing - I do hope I’m wrong though.

I’ve had a well documented move away from Naim over the past couple of years but have just agreed a price on a Qute1 for a second system.

This will be my third UQ since 2013 and apart from my original 32.5/90 and 82/250 it’s my favourite, for the money £400 it’s very, very hard to beat.

2 Likes

+1

Probably because , when upgrade, the value of selling isn’t much to make a significant impact , and ( again) for the money, ( as @Bobthebuilder said) you can’t have / find much better. :+1::innocent:

1 Like

Hi, thanks that’s ideal, you’ve had a NAIT3 and a UQ, I suspect you’re right about app development etc., but I can use an external streamer and just use the UQ as a DAC, I’ll have a phono stage into the UQ too, so losing the current DAC I’m three boxes down.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.