Brian Eno turntable

I would like to buy it , just for fun. As it makes a nice decorating and gives funny colours, specially on Christmas.
The turntable contains a kaleidoscope range of leds. So it constantly changes colours when playing music.
If you are a grand child like me, you will find it cool. But would however not drop 3k for it, its asking price.

Only 50 copies signed by Brian ENO.

5 Likes

GBP 24k asking price.
Or a Solstice, with change for 8kā€™s worth of fancy LED lightingā€¦

2 Likes

This is more a work of art than a serious high-end TT. I suspect they will be snapped up, put on display and sold on in a couple of years for a vast profit.

Personally, I would spend the money on a top-spec LP12.

3 Likes

You are right. Incredible! I checked again, really 24 k.

Art is so subjectiveā€¦ā€¦ ( art?)

Paul Stolper gallery, the same which sells the B Eno turntable.

The depressive artistā€™s take on Marilyn or Campbellā€™s Soup. Warhol family should sueā€¦

1 Like

Looks like Damien Hirst.

Iā€™d rather have some Joy Division oven gloves.

If thatā€™s the best this particular artist can do, looks like their fifteen minutes is almost up.

1 Like

I think Brian Eno has done enough for music.
Edit: oh you were speaking about the pill boxes and Hirst? Apologies :pray:

Yes, it was indeed Damien Hirst

Picture from Aesthetica magazine

Duchamp, commenting that his ā€œurinalā€ display wasnā€™t art because it was just something he retrieved and hung on the wall:

ā€œItā€™s Art if I say it isā€ā€¦

I remember going to an art fair in London a good few years ago and one of the things for sale was a string of apples on a bit of string. I got talking to the artist and he said it was 10k GBP ā€¦ I said what happens after a couple of weeks when the apples start to rot, his response was ā€œthatā€™s the beauty of it, the owner can replace them how they wantā€. Perhaps I am a philistine but that went over my head a bit ā€¦

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s easier to buy an add on LED solution and clad the LP12? Could be an idea to send to Linn. As long as you donā€™t have to buy a maxed out LP12 to go with it :slight_smile:
Maybe it could have the option music for airports or better still no pussy footing :smiley:

Pisoletto, ā€œ Venus au chiffons ā€œ.

Thereā€™s quite a bit more to it than that. Duchamp was possibly the most intelligent, and certainly the most thoughtful, artist of the 20th century. He was also a brilliant and technically gifted painter (and I donā€™t just mean stuff like Nude Descending A Staircase either). Wankers like Hirst and most other contemporary artists arenā€™t fit to clean his boots.

I really like the Eno Turntable by the way ā€“ it looks lovely.

3 Likes

It should be an acrylic Lp12 then, to let the lights go through. Would be easier with a Clearaudio.

For Ā£24k you could get a Vertere SG-1 turntable in acrylic, SG-1 arm and a serious cartridge. That would look amazing with LEDs.

3 Likes

ā€˜ā€˜It should be an acrylic Lp12 then, to let the lights go throughā€™ā€™

Maybe a good concept for a 50th Anniversary LP12 editionā€¦(in 2023)ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

I already sense someone has new ideas for LP12 plinthes :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone ever tried or seen an acrylic plinth on an LP12? :thinking:
Might be interestingā€¦. Not sure on the sonic bit though

Sure, which was an interesting comment and insight in the 1920ies when done the first time :slight_smile:
And Duchamp was a giant in so many ways

1 Like