Brits Want To Be Swedes

That’s America. England is running a strong second. It was unfair and inaccurate of me to say that the UK looks like a laughing stock. It’s just England.

1 Like

No, thats us. We run second.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…This is interesting.

But we were several who responded,and reacted to Mr. Mike-B’s post.
This I will return to,in my response to Mr Mike-B on that post.
But this is also about culture and hierarchy,.which can vary widely between different countries.
Then extra account should be taken of everyone,when writing a post.
This should definitely Mike-B knows,that often refers to his international experience.

But if I put it this way,.if you think of “bullying”,.that occurs in school-environment,in workplaces etc.
It can be quite subtle,.things that not others notice or understand.
You should have come across this as a teacher.

I have been subjected to it by some people since I started writing on this forum.
NO…I won’t tell you who they are,.it’s a small “group”.
And I solve it with these people.

:black_small_square:So my answer,.I don’t overreact,rather the other way around.
I should have responded earlier in the past.
But I’ve thought,…it’s good that they show their “ugly face”.
And to be honest,.I don’t care,if people want to show their stupidity so go ahead.

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…A fun memory.
At the beginning of my time here on the forum,.I was only in the Cisco-threads.

The reason was,that it was the only thing that I didn’t “have an eye on” when it came to music-systems.
I remember that you wrote and questioned my motives,…and if I bought up Cisco’s to resell :grin:.
I wondered for a long time what you were “for a weird figure”.

Now we are here,and you are definitely a nice and funny Frenchman :smiley:.
This,.Just a little loose thoughts on this Sunday evening.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

thanks Peder, nice post. When i say “ overreact “, it’s not a criticism. It’s your character. But people may have the impression that some of your posts are like real cases, if you understand what i mean. Because the posts are sometimes long , with lots of characters, symbols… It’s like you were involved in a big drama.

I remember our first discussions on the cisco subject. I was a bit ironic towards you and Simon. But i finally accepted to try it and don’t regret it at all.

As Mike is concerned, i am also sometimes annoyed by some of his posts. I find them sometimes arrogant and pretentious. But maybe it’s only a language frontier. But he tries also to be often helpful, so there are also positive traits of Mike.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Ardbeg10y,…This video-clip was great,.Love it :+1:t2::grin:.

/Peder🙂

:small_orange_diamond:Frenchrooster,…Adding a nice picture from your beautiful country.
I’ve been at the top of this building.
Mont Saint Michel. Hope I spelled it right.

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…But They Are :grin::+1:t2::sunglasses:.

I understand what you mean,but I write often,always by experience.
We have tested or tried what I write about.

But I often try to avoid going into too much detail,it is difficult to express themselves in English in shades.
Many words I’m used to using in Swedish to explain a problem,you don’t have in English.
If I could use my language,.I would be able to “write a book” about different hifi-things.

But usually I do not write even though I “have the answer,experience”,precisely because of the language.
It feels most “hard” for me,.because I know I could help to solve a problem.

Last time there was a member who had problems with the speaker-placement,due to bass resonances.
I had been able to advise on how he would solve it,.but I got to drop it because of the language.
Too bad we don’t speak the same language in all countries :sunglasses:.

/Peder🙂

Peder,

Some years ago I visited Stockholm several times. I was working with a Swedish architect on a large international project. After initially staying in hotels in Stockholm, I later stayed at the architect’s own house and commuted to his office by skating on the frozen river. A commute of about 3 km. My confidence grew until one day it exceeded my ability and I crashed into a bridge abutment, breaking a leg.

As much as I love Sweden, I would not wish to live in your lovely country: it’s far to slippery !

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Annalogg,…:grin::grin::grin: An absolutely wonderful story.
If I dare to express myself so,despite your misfortune.

Go for a long-distance skating in Stockholm is,.just like you say absolutely fantastic.
A former Naim-distributor in Sweden… Göran Rudling is riding a lot of long-distance skating in Stockholm.

So you went into a bridge,.then it must have gone fast.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

That’s fine. It is funny now but wasn’t at the time.

I was not going fast, just in the wrong direction :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Peder, it’s funny. I am watching tv now, the subject is Mont St Michel economy.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…It was fortunate that you took a photo of your TV.
Otherwise I would have thought that you were kidding :wink:.

But it was fascinating to be at the top of Mont St Michel,.and see the difference when it’s low tide.
Then you will not see the sea in the horizon.

:small_orange_diamond:Before we got to Mont Saint Michel,.we were nine days at the island Jersey in the English channel,.but that’s another story.

/Peder :slightly_smiling_face:

St Michel is beautiful, but the problem is too many people. Nice to see it once in a life.

:small_blue_diamond:Frenchrooster,…I agree with you.

What did they say on TV,.is it too much wear because of too many visitors.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Brexit affect the EU a great deal, especially the inept way the British gevernment deal with it and never leave. So I do think you have to accept others having a say.

True, a few months back Britains political system was a laughing stock. Today the easy jokes have been repeated to boredom and a growing number of EU members just want an end to this (not often mentioned, but if the EU stop being so patient there will be a hard no-deal Brexit).

That said I agree with you that at this point in time with nothing interesting going on and with Brexit after all having the potential to affect the lives of many people in Britain it is unnecessary to push this particular button. On a forum where most of us have common interests, I listened to music by Cardew and Bax last night and it was as great as before Brexit.

And also why give an open invite to dig up those old jokes about swedish hard rock drummers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, Ireland has no plans to leave the EU, and will not be doing so, although we are very concerned about the border with Northern Ireland, and what will happen should Brexit go ahead.

Ireland has an interesting system with the EU, they keep having referenda until they get the answer they want :grinning:

1 Like

Life would be easier if we did (though less interesting) - but which language? Someone invented a new language a few years ago, Esperanto, intended to become the universal one, but unsurprisingly it didn’t really get anywhere. English is arguably the nearest to being universal, at least in some quarters, but not as universal as some English-speakers think. I believe Mandarin is the language with the most speakers, or if excluding the East, possibly Spanish.

I was referring to Northern Ireland in the context of the brexit vote. My comments were about the UK and their politicians which of course Ireland is not part of.

Takes one to know one Mike.

1 Like

I work in Germany with people from across Europe. The impression I have is that the reputation of the British nation has been destroyed by this and it’s gone far beyond laughing.