Broadband - the complexities

Seriously it was my MP working with me to identify those in parliament who could help and the. I went to BT executive complaints who fast tracked. I do know what I’m talking about so p,ease don’t challenge - at least in this case!

Apologies for the typos but what happened is fact. I can’t say that it’s the same in all cases but it was the case here.

Ok I can’t see how its a BT issue - unless they have provided a service and failing on a commitment. BT like all infrastructure providers have their commercial roll out areas and plans - and then there there are the part subsided roll outs for low density areas - this is where BDUK comes in

The BDUK programme effectively goes to tender for part government funded infrastructure. All eligible service providers can bid I beleive - its true its more often and not only BT that bothers to respond when pay back is over a long period …
I really would contact your parish council - i don’t know which county you are in - but they will almost certainly have county programme driving this - and most likely a plan for your parish activation.

My MP never got involved all the time I was liaising with county. If your county doesn’t have a programme - then yes get your MP on the case to lobby county

Please do try to believe my Sir. Things got so bad that BT routed me to Openreach in the end and all was sorted. I did live with this for 2 years. I’m not lying, honest!

Ok glad it was sorted… so it sounds like a local specific issue rather than infrastructure build out issue which is what I was referring to…

Thanks for clarification, Simon - I was aware it wasn’t the actual connection, and was to do with, in my words, ‘traffic’’ (I hadn’t heard the term backhaul in this context) - but indeed the effect on the user is the same. And as you observe it allows the ISP to make more money providing a “business” service…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.