Broadband/WiFi dropouts, every ten minutes

Yes, I found REIN on Wikipedia - but resisted posting links…because…
Naim forum rules… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Connecting the Roon Nucleus directly to the BT Hub is still causing dropouts every 30-40 minutes.

Connected the Manhattan Freeview box directly to the Bt Hub three hours ago, no dropouts as yet.

I hope this doesn’t mean the Nucleus is knackered. :thinking:

I forgot to ask you Richard…I don’t know what your system consists of, but are you using a streamer/Server? If so, how do the dropouts affect you? :thinking:

I can’t really stream from the internet reliably, so things like Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz etc. are out. I do however use a Core server locally into a DAC in the main system and then stream locally from the Core within the house. Of course, I mostly listen to records, radio or off reel.

1 Like

Thank Richard.

Could the Nucleus either be scanning the network for new media or doing some automatic ‘phone home’ for updates at regular intervals which hog your broadband and the wi-fi just seems to drop out?

Hi Richard…I have just noticed that my post ‘Broadband/Wi-Fi dropouts, every ten minutes’, is actually in ‘Padded Cell’. I intended it to be in ‘Streaming Audio’. Have I stuffed up, or has it been moved? :thinking:

I may have moved it on the basis that it seemed more a general broadband/wifi issue than one specific to streaming. However, if you feel otherwise, I’m happy to move it back for you.

1 Like

Thanks for that Richard. I may get more reaction to the post, which hopefully will resolve the issue.
My new NDX 2 and SuperCap arrive next week, so just trying to make sure I can welcome them to a trouble free system. :slightly_smiling_face:

If its dropping streaming Qobuz / Tidal it may be worth checking the MTU setting on your router, if it’s 1500 try 1492

PS enjoy the SCDR on your 282 you are in for a treat

1 Like

I can confirm 100%, that the Roon Nucleus is somehow responsible for the dropouts and the constant rebooting of the BT Hub.
Over the past 48 hours I have independently connected each device, directly to the Hub. The PVR, Smart TV and the Nucleus.
The Nucleus was the only device to continuously cause the Hub to go into a frenzy. My next port of call will be Roon.

The SuperCap has arrived at the dealer, but the NDX2 will arrive next week.
I’m looking forward to it! :crossed_fingers:

Good luck with Roon, hope they have a solution.
A mate has Roon with a BT SH2 & Linn, no problems, but I knowz nuffink about Roon.

Happy days with NDX2, that’s my next move, but we have months of house rebuilding stuff about to start, so priority list has NDX2 sometime later

1 Like

It may not be the Nucleus as a device so much as the way that Roon itself actually works. If you have the time and inclination, you could try setting up a Roon Core on your laptop or PC and seeing if you run into the same problems.

1 Like

It would be worth asking @Simon-in-Suffolk if he has any ideas. He’s a Roon user, knows his way around a BT Homehub and can probably offer some valuabke trouble shooting advice.

1 Like

Agree on asking Simon, but not forgetting DJM’s BT hub is an HH4, it’s old tech compared to the Smarthub-2.
Might be worth looking into a new BT ‘Halo’ contract which includes the SH2.
Plus that brings the Digital Voice phone service as & when it’s available in the area.

1 Like

Might be worth asking for an upgrade if the HH4 is getting on a bit. VM user here so not sure about BT’s upgrade policy myself.

He just needs to look into ‘My BT’ on the BT website where it will include a list of offers available on his current contract & new contract plans available in that area.

Thanks Mike. :+1:

Good idea James. I did think about Simon, but the personal message feature was removed some while ago.

Thanks Michael…So are you suggesting it may be the Roon Software, not it’s Hardware (Nucleus)?

What I don’t get, is that it’s not just the dropouts, Roon is actually knocking out the Hub. The Hub is rebooting every time.