Bubble, minim & lumin?

does that mean I’ll get be likely to get a worse result if I run it on my laptop that we use for general computing comapred to running it on a dedicated device?

If expect it to be fine. My old laptop is really, really old and worked superbly. :blush:

that’s good news - I’ll give it a try then

how long should it take to install roughly - just a few mins?

is it tricky to install?

You should be up and running in 15 minutes. Just follow the instructions.

1 Like

thanks
and do you rate Kazoo or Lumin or something else as a control app on my iPad?

I use Bubble App on Android.

1 Like

If you decide you don’t like Lumin I find the Kazoo (Linn hifi) app works pretty well on my iPad Pro. The Tidal menu is pretty good. You can also use Minim to stream Radio Paradise FLAC which is a significant improvement over the native iRadio.

1 Like

thanks Marko
What is Bubble installed on in your system?

I have both Bubble and Minim installed on my QNAP.

1 Like

So I can install Bubble on the iPad and the pc/laptop and use that to play Tidal tracks?
Or can I just put it on the iPad and not bother with the laptop?

You can’t install Bubble Server on an iPad. Install it on the PC, set it up and then access it from your iPad with whichever Control Point.
Like the Naim App the music does not go via the control point.

1 Like

If I can’t install bubble on the ipad, I’m not sure what this means:
‘access it from your iPad with whichever Control Point.’

Bubble App (not server) isn’t available for iOS so you’ll have to use Lumin or Kazoo.

Ah yes, I see
thanks
Jim

So if Bubble is installed on the PC how does it connect to the streamer UPNP??

I assumed it will send a message to the Tidal server to aim the files I want to hear at the IP address of my 272.
Guinnless - does that sound correct?

Tidal, or Qobuz, will send the stream to Bubble Server. Bubble will then send the stream to your 272 and in doing so will be a ‘local’ stream rather than an internet one.

1 Like

Ok, so the PC is connected to the network via ethernet?

No, see posts 17-19 above.

Thanks, I didn’t realize it could do wifi like that. Let us know what you think of the sound.