Bubble Server Won't connect

Unless yours is an arm processer. The X86 means it’s an intel processor and _64 means the 64bit version. You will need the QBubbleUpNp and to to go with it. Disable that Qnap store one.

it’s intel but I’m not sure beyond that.

It will be 64 bit if your on QTS 4.5.2 infact any 4.5 is 64 bit it’s when they moved to it.

1 Like

The bubble server app I’m using now is from the bubble site not the QNAP store.

Ok there is also one on QNAP club which is the version I have installed. I dont have the one from the store.

could that be why the container isn’t working? I’m using the bubble app from the bubble site and not the QNAP store.

No the container is independent you don’t need any app if your running just the container. I just had it still installed from when I used it on its own. I switched to a container for some reason I can’t remember now. :slight_smile: But I reenabled it to test today and it all works.

Looks like I’ve got 3 different ffmpegs on my system. One which looks like it got installed with the Serviio UPnP server I use for video, one from the QNAP club qpkg and the QNAP default one.
Typing which ffmpeg at a command prompt returns /usr/bin/ffmpeg which looking at the version numbers when I run that one looks like the most up to date of the three. Whether that’s the one from the Qnap Club package or what one (if any) bubbleupnp is using I haven’t figured out yet. Would be nice if bubble let you specify the path to ffmpeg or the ffmpeg icon in app centre actually did something!

When installng the version from QNAP Club which is called QBubbleUPnP you will see it lists depanancies that need to be installed a well for it too work in theis cae Qffpmeg.

• Released03/12/2021
  • Updated2017-11-19 15:58:32
  • Version0.9.25
  • CategoryEntertainment
  • DependenciesQJDK8 Qffmpeg

Maker

the one from QNAP club is not installed where the OS puts its own version. its unique and only used for specific apps that require it and know where to find it. QBubbleUPnP being one of them. Now you can install QFFmpeg from QNAP Club and then change the name of the version in /usr/bin to something else and make a synlink to the QFFmpeg version. It how people get around QNAPs borked version.

So do a serch for QFFmpeg QNAP club and install that one then QNAP club QBubbleUPnP one should then work trancoding. And you need QJDK8 for Java installed to. Sory forget that you need these depenadancies for the QNAP Club app to function.

That’s one for tomorrow I think! Thanks for the advice so far

No worries. All apps on QNAP club list other apps they need so its best to chec first. Its so long since I did all this I had forgotten that it has dependancies on two other apps QFFmpeg and QJDK8 for the java side of things. Although it seemed to work on mine without QFFmpeg but I have QNAP clubs ffmpeg installed.

Thanks for your help CG, I don’t think I can sort out those last posts but I appreciate your effort. I’ll try one more time to get the container to work.

Reading up on it though it looks like QFfmpeg is now defunct so it wont work to transscode with out this. I knew there was a reason I switched to continer station :slight_smile: Sorry seems QNAP club is a dead end. If you cant get container station to work then I am out of options.

I wonder if I’m getting all the settings correct in the container. I’m using default except for the host selection.

I re-installed the container and it works when I don’t have transcoding selected so that narrows it down I think.

There is nothing to set. You can reduce the memory and cpu resources thats all. You dont need to change those though unless you really want to limit its resources.In contianer station if you click on the container itself you will see a terminal showing its output. Might be some clues in there if you can screen grab it.

Well it’s working now. Weird.

Maybe it was still installing as it does some other installs in the docker after you create it.

1 Like