Burndy Type NAC 252 vs 52

Hi
I found nothing with search option and hopefully, I did nor fall in disgrace (my apologies to neil again - honestly)

I was offered a black Burndy (which is for NAC 252). Can I use it also for NAC or is this a different setting with the PINs.

Thansk a lot, if anyone has an idea.
Best regards!

Could you explain what you mean by use it for NAC?

1 Like

Sorry forgot the lucky number … should mean if Burndy for nac 252 could also be used for nac 52!

As far as I know, the 52 and 252 require different burndies. @NeilS or @Richard.Dane should be able to confirm.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure they are different. IIRC, when I changed from a NAC52 head unit to a NAC252 I couldn’t keep the Burndy I was using on the NAC52 for my 252.

1 Like

They’re different. Had a 52/52PS with a grey burndy. Kept an eye out for a second hand black 52 burndy. Was years before one turned up during which time several 252 ones were available. Of course if I’d realised the difference it makes I’d just have bought a new one.

Willy.

1 Like

Does this indicate that you couldn’t use a sc dr with a 52 unless you have a burndy cable made up?

No, the SuperCap DR is wired the same.

1 Like

As @Guinnless said, the burndy matches to the 52 or the 252 not the power supply. I used my 52 with a Supercap before the 52PS with the same burndy. (When I acquired the 52PS I moved the Supercap onto the Snaxo).

Willy.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot - to all of you!
The 252 Burndy came up used and I was tempted … new ill do :slight_smile:
THANKS!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.