Buying an ex. demo Supernait 2

Hello I’m thinking about buying an ex. demo Supernait 2 at a fairly good price, model year is 2013, should I have any concerns or buy and enjoy?
I’ve demo’d it and wanted it when I couldn’t afford it!

Six years old, shop around to find best prices and manufacture dates

I’m keen to support my local dealer and there are few options and limited stock here in NZ anyway.

It comes sold as new with a 2 year warranty and I’ve hesitated over the 6 year thing. I’m really looking for any real reasons not to get over myself and start enjoying that Naim sound.

1 Like

Buy it and enjoy it.

G

1 Like

Exactly, and you shouldn’t hesitate, it’s a bargain.

2 Likes

Bang on. It’s what you want, the price is right, it comes with 2 years warranty and it’s from your local dealer. Don’t walk, run…

4 Likes

Agreed, sounds to me it’s just run in

2 Likes

Go for it. Any savings put towards a pile of new music.

1 Like

Sounds like a great deal. I LOVE my SN2. You know your local dealer, and you get a two year as new warranty. Its probably run in. All Bonus Points. Get stuck in mate!

2 Likes

Where is the source-first brigade when you need them?

3 Likes

I confess, I take it as read that the source is up to snuff here. However, it does beg a very good question…

1 Like

From a local dealer it’s a no brainer

1 Like

Have you worked with the dealer in the past?

If you have had a good experience with the dealer then I would just go for it.

1 Like

If your dealer is supplying it with a two year warranty and is a really friendly chap offering great support then you really cannot go wrong here. Buy with confidence I say.

2 Likes

Thanks chaps,
I pick it up next week :grin:

7 Likes

The age should not be a concern - so long as you are not someone who wants the latest and greatest. I would guess you aren’t as you don’t seem to be “settling” for an sn2 instead of sn3. Looks like you’ve already put in enough wait time. So the only thing now is to GO AND ENJOY IT.

3 Likes

That’s the job!

2 Likes

Congratulations, I do not believe you will be disappointed and look forward to your feedback!

3 Likes

I too have just bought a used 3 year old SN2. I’ll get it in a few days. I’m moving up from a Nait XS 2. I think @seakayaker did something similar a while ago. There are a few good deals out there now since the SN3 was announced. Hopefully it is a nice upgrade from my XS 2, which I find pleasant to my ears, but the SN2 deal was too good to pass up, fingers are crossed. Also got a used 2018 Hicap DR arriving at the same time. I’ll see what all the fuss is about!

4 Likes

Congrats! 6 years is not “old” in the life of the SN2. It should bring you plenty of enjoyment, and be priced much better than when you were looking at it new!

1 Like