Cable for Naim NAP N272 to Naim NAP 250 DR

I have just purchased a Naim NAP 250 DR to go with my Naim NAP N272. For anyone with the Naim NAP 250 DR, what is the best sounding cable for this connection.

Superlumina

1 Like

Wow, I’ve just seen the price. Is there a non Naim Cable that is an upgrade over the standard one?

Stick with the standard cable for now. It’s actually a lot better than you might think.

3 Likes

Take a punt on Witch Hat Morgana cables. The set I’ve just added have turned out to be superb; better bass, less harsh edginess, more focus and clarity. They arrive with a 30 day return window if you’re not happy with them.

2 Likes

Put the money in your piggy bank and save up for an XPS.

2 Likes

Witch Hat also make a cheaper version of the Din to XLR cable.

2 Likes

I tried that and can’t say there was a worthwhile improvement. I’d follow ChrisSU’s advice above and put the money towards a power supply. Get the black boxes right before thinking about posh cables.

1 Like

Thank you for all the good advice to my question. I had a feeling the Standard Naim Cable would be of a good quality with all the R&D they must do in house. As you say the PSU is the best logical upgrade step. As its usually Source first, I presume the NAP 272 would benefit the most from this.

As you can’t add a power supply to the 250, that’s one decision you won’t need to make.

1 Like

Doh… Of course. I’ve only been a Naim convert for the last year, but I’m very impressed with the emotion the Naim equipment gives to the music. I was very surprised to see ONLY one XLR Socket on the back of the 250 DR. in my many many years of owning HiFi, I’ve never seen this before.

The XLR is not balanced so there is no need for the two sockets that you may have seen elsewhere.

I’m pleased you are enjoying your 272/250. It’s a great combination and fantastic value for the performance it gives. Before thinking of power supplies, and in case you haven’t already taken care of this, a good stand is really important, and dedicated mains is hugely beneficial if you can accommodate it.

In terms of power supplies the 555PS will provide a far greater improvement than an XPSDR, so that might be something to think about if you get around to it.

1 Like

Hi hungryhalibut, Yes, I have a really nice Solid Oak stand made by BLOK. I haven’t mentioned yet, my speakers I have are Totem Tribe Towers, which I think are amazing for their tiny proportions

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.