Cables off the floor, why?

I agree with SA8s on lighter cables not being awkward but really heavy cable might need the hairdryer treatment to help.
I always laugh when I see the do not use individual plugs then they do Superlumina with no choice. :rofl:

3 Likes

If it wasn’t reasonable for the amp to have been moved further back a couple of cm, the cables could instead have have been plugged in upside down and avoided the tight angle (of course attending to polarity at the other end)

1 Like

Wonder if theres a reason for that warning?

Mmmm
Who knows I use the proper plugs but the same warning is on al the amps so if you upgrade the cable to SL then it doesn’t apply. :thinking:

I believe it’s part of the CE mark safety registration or similar, as these pins can be directly inserted into certain European mains sockets, and they can’t if in the plastic blocks.

1 Like

That’s a distortion.

If it rubs against the carpet a cable can develop static charge and this can interfere with the electrical transmission of sensitive signals.

Those plugs don’t look like my Naim SA8’s… :thinking:

But agree with the point. I have Naim SA8’s at my 250 end and they don’t really ‘work’ - plain cheap Deltron 4mm’s were better. IMO…

They are the style of SA8 plugs that come with the new amps.

1 Like

My SA8’s look like those in @gthack 's photo…

:crazy_face: :neutral_face:

I wonder why Naim changed the shape of the housings on the new plugs, they certainly look more bulky?

1 Like

Which design sounds better…? The original SA8 - or the Mk2…???

:astonished: :crazy_face: :thinking:

1 Like

I have been using Denison Demagic (a cd) to clear and clean unwanted static build up overtime

Thats the bit i find strange! guessing there was a reason…back in the day that Naim came up with their own type of 4mm plugs

Denson *

As James shows in his photo, Naim have revamped their banana plug design. The plug itself is essentially the same, just the plastic housing is different.

That was a test to see if directional makes any difference and it did not,
Naim plugs into SBLs
(gets you closer to the wall also)
Deltrons coming out the amp,
I know right, completely opposite too many threads

Only thing is, female banana plugs not deep enough,
But it was early days back then,
Next service going to ask to put in longer ones, if there is room inside,

1 Like

Funny you mention about shallow sockets.
I have SA-8s on my amp end and Deltrons on my Kudos speakers and the same thing happens. :thinking:

Tongue in cheek. Is this deliberate so that if the plug should break at the cable pin junction there will be a bit of pin left protruding so that the remnant of the pin can be removed from the socket.

Apologies in advance

Naim plugs fit all the way in on SBLs
:rofl:
But I don’t like them, I had too snip about 15 threads to fit the speaker wire
(Linn k20) into the gap, stupid idea, plenty of room on the plugs to open that gap, even a 1mm each side be good,