Standard naim din to XLR
Maybe I’m being too critical??:rofl::exploding_head:

Or maybe the standard cable is quite good :blush:

1 Like

A bit of all the above perhaps?

1 Like

I never perceived it to be particularly poor :grin:

1 Like

All said I do feel a bit under the weather, maybe the start of a cold with dulled senses and hearing not up to scratch??

1 Like

I’ve had the various Morganas and Phantom in the past, and sampled Spectre. Ultimately I’ve settled back with the naim supplied cables, with the exception of Kudos KS-1 ‘speaker cable.

G

3 Likes

How would you describe KS-1 Vs Phantom?

Closer to the music.

G

1 Like

That’s strange, I’ve heard the Kudos cable against phantom and preferred the phantom. I’m awaiting the spectre and wonder how it’s going to sound.

3 Likes

Not at all.

Should be into the countdown for Spectre deliveries in a matter of weeks now. Looking forward to hearing the reports from peeps trying theirs out.

1 Like

It’s been so long I’ve almost forgotten they are arriving, hopefully in January.
I was so impressed with the phantom cable that when people started talking about how good spectre was I couldn’t resist.

2 Likes

It is to me as I thought the kudos cable was a bit thin compared to the phantom and my speakers are 707s.

Hi Nick or anybody, could you please tell me if you have to twist the CH1 (white) mono Morgana cable 180 degrees for the din or XLR to fit when using 135/300/500 or PS.
Mind arrived a couple of weeks ago, for the life of me CH1 needs to be twisted 180 for the plug to fit, the red ch2 is the same as the Naim cables. My system is racked vertically.

Sound wise excellent, first time I have tried an outside company that doesn’t take more than it gives to the Naim DNA.

My 2 lines up in much the same way, after the flexing and being annoyed that usually applies with thick cables. I find Burndys more annoying fwiw…

2 Likes

Thanks Nick, Sorry i need it spelled out and im sorry to bother you.
I would imagine that being mono cables both would have the same build. Cable 2 comes out of my SC and straight down to the 135 plugs into the xlr with out any persuasion, however cable 1 comes out of the SC and needs to be twisted 180 to fit the the 135 which give the cable a “S” shape, one end of that cable has had a plug attached the exact opposite to the other cable. My OCD is having issues with it, if yours are the same then its Witch Hats build and not my misfortune. :pray:

1 Like

Just give the cable itself a little twist so it hangs right

1 Like

My layout is messier than yours. As far as I can see, the two started out with the same plug orientation, but there’s enough twist it doesn’t look like that now. A quick call to Mitch at WH?

3 Likes

How long did you try out the KS-1? I found mine thinner at first compared to the Phantom but they have filled out very nicely in the last few weeks. There is so much more midrange magic and delicacy that I can’t go back to Phantoms.

Both great cables so it’s all down to taste :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Important to have naim plugs at the amp end ime.

G

1 Like