Call centres - non-call-back issues (rant warning!)

Over the last few weeks I’ve called various call-centres (BT/PlusNet/e-bay & others), with various promises made to return calls. My expectations have been low but…can but give it a go. Well, a trend appears to be emerging:

1- the calls never come
2- my moby vibrates once but doesn’t ring, indicating someone tried…not very hard it seems, probably just to record a missed attempt at their & my end.
3- e-mails then arrive saying ‘we tried but you either didn’t answer or your contact details are incorrect’ (of course these are the same used a when said organisation called back just a few days prior). Perhaps it’s the +44 in their systems which are serving to confuse?

The real irritant is (2), as I’m sure this is a trick to simply pass the ball back to me as the customer with the issue, which only converts my stance in to ‘full-on complaint mode’. A case of you wind me up, I’ll wind up your processes even more.

Anybody else out there experiencing the same in this (non) customer focused world?

1 Like

Our bugbear is that companies cannot be persuaded to use our landline despite multiple requests when arranging ring backs.

Mobiles don’t get reception here and there are a number of days I am working and unable to access my mobile but every company insists on leaving a message on the unanswered mobile and not using the landline whilst I or Mrs W sit at home awaiting the call. They have both numbers but never try both.

Anyway, online chat is generally the solution to these issues. Most companies run good systems now.

Bruce

1 Like

Yes, I called eBay about a year ago and had a useful conversation with someone competent and audible.

I called eBay about a month ago and the line was so awful (VoIP gone horribly wrong) that I could barely hear the eBay agent - and the parts I could hear convinced me that the agent seemed to be more or less unable to speak English.

This was a number I got from my UK eBay account.

I assume that eBay have just decided to put people off calling them.

e-bay currently hold top of the table position for a recent e-mail which said (summarised):

• Your account is under review, which may take 5 days to resolve – which blocks any release of funds to you. Meanwhile, you can continue to list/trade.

Sure, a deep chasm has just emerged (reasons not stated), which I could make deeper :frowning:

And it seems they tried to call too (not).

I suppose it depends how much you need that particular eBay account.

There aren’t any other auction sites with the same reach/population.

So the options are some combination of:

• Get the account opened.
  • Open another account.
  • Give up on eBay.

Yes. Telehealth and teleeducation is next.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.