Calling all 272 owners!

Hello,
With mConnect and 272, I cannot listen to Qobuz when quality is greater than 96k. In that case the music often stops and restarts (like buffer overheads or so).
Can you?
Regards,

1 Like

To Listen to Qobuz in HiRes (up to 192k) on a 272 without buffering issues, I recommend using BubbleUPnP and turning on “Proxy Qobuz Tracks”. Works for me (on my Android phone) without any issues.
If mConnect has any “proxy” setting, that should probably also work.

I’m afraid the 272 replacement will cannibalize some of the existing products. Nobody will buy NDX2 and 282 if there is a one-box replacement. Some of the lines should die in peace and become a legend.

2 Likes

There’s a rather big gap in price so I’m sure it would have its place there.

1 Like

Yes me too, but 24/96khz is fine, no need 24/192… It comes from 272, on the HE 192 goes well.

I had a 272/250dr/xpsdr couldn’t wait so I replaced the lot with an Accuphase E-380 int amp …blew it away! Sorry naim! Still got the plugs fraim and streamer which I love! Yes one box was still better than 3 and a whole lot more and no careful placement or

wiring headaches either! It’s hard to believe and hard core Naimites won’t and I don’t blame them as I was one of them!!!

8 Likes

Accuphase make lovely looking kit. The 380 looks good on your black Fraim.

1 Like

I must admit I was worried as it wasn’t naim black but it’s not bad actually! It looks better freestanding imo! It’s all a bit retro which seems to be in for some reason especially speakers! My Atc seem to fit that bill and a match made in heaven! Thanks

1 Like

I know this is not the same thing as an upgraded 272 but I have heard from folks who have the 272 that adding a PS such as the XPS2 or 555 really helped the 272.

But one thing I have not seen is if you can add an nDAC between the streamer and the preamp portions of the 272.

At the price the used nDACs can be had at, it might tide you over especially if you have an XPS2 or a 555 to play with.

Another thing to think about is getting a used NDS which together with its 555 drop kicks everything except the ND555.

Nice idea, but unfortunately that won’t work.

That is unfortunate. The nDAC with a PS is an amazing DAC (4x PCM 1704 K, I believe).

I still have one that I probably will hang onto. Maybe Naim will drop a firmware update for it based on all the work they did on the SHARC code for the ND555.

@Marki I tried an Accuphase E-480 for two weeks and was incredibly happy to return it. You couldn’t pay me to own an Accuphase. Beautifully built yes, but incapable of any musicality. That’s just me, hope you continue to enjoy yours.

2 Likes

I supposed it depends on the rest of the system, I still love naim gear don’t get me wrong although I preferred their older gear for some reason! But with the right speakers and cables the Accuphase really sings but you need to change a few things as naim spent a long time matching things to their own gear so you can’t just mix and match! It took me a while to get it right but now it’s all I ever wanted for a lot less money! Won’t have a thing said about Naim but yes I found my end game with this system! Maybe I got lucky with my room and set up? Let’s face it some of the pictures I have seen of other peoples systems and how they were set up amazes me it could ever sound good at any cost! :wink: glad your happy too :+1:t2:

1 Like

Yes 24/96 is fine, but some music is only in CD quality or 192. And some other are in all qualities and it may be hard to find the one that is in 24/96. I asked Qobuz if we could limit the sound quality to 24/96 for a subscription, but it is not possible today. However, all music qualities work with Tidal/MConnect/272, but it is MQA encoded (not lossless).

Unfortunaltely, I use iPhones and iPads, and Bubble UPnP does not install on Apple devices. I tried to install it on mas QNap NAS, then control it from the iPad, but it is quite complicated.

An upgrade for my 272 will be enough for me.
I can’t be that hard to replace the streamer board for an new version that works with qobuz, tidal, Spotify and Roon.
And i would pay a serious amount of money to get that native in the streamer.

3 Likes

It is not mconnect or qobuz the problem, it is the 272… With the HE I have 24/192.

I am frustrated that an update has not appeared…lets keep fingers crossed…

What is HE?

Naim Uniti Atom HE