Can I download the Naim app onto my Macbook air?

Can I download the Naim app onto my Macbook air rather than an iPad or mobile phone? Second question. Which is the best streaming service and why?

Yes if you have M1 or M2 version of MacBook Air. It’s in the App Store under iPhone/iPad. Works great!

2 Likes

Thanks, Slamdam. I have downloaded it and taken a peep. Am I correct in saying the App works with music servers and the Naim Utility Range but not with music streaming services like Spotify, Tidal, etc.?

You log in through the naim app settings to your Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz streaming account (input settings). The UI is not the best compared to the native apps but I personally mainly use it to control changing tracks, volume, album etc through my macbook since I’m using Qobuz that does not offer “connect” service to my NDX2 and then use the native app to find music and create playlists.

1 Like

It works just the same as on iOS devices provided your MacBook is a recent one with an M1 or M2 processor. You can use it to control streaming of Tidal and Spotify and, my favourite, Qobuz from your laptop.

Roger

Qobuz, I believe is the best. It sounds better than Tidal, to my ears. Spotify or Deezer are lossy.

2 Likes

Qobuz works natively from within the Naim app. Spotify works only from within the Spotify app. Tidal offers both of these two options.
Any other streaming services would need to be cast from their own app using AirPlay or Chromecast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.