Can I use the outer plastic sleeves as inner sleeves?

I ordered wrongly outer sleeves ( for the cover albums) instead of inner anti static sleeves for my lps.
I wonder if I can use these outer sleeves as inner sleeves, after cutting a part?
The plastic is different from the inner sleeves, maybe it’s not good for the lps?

The outer sleeves are made from a much harder plastic than the anti-static inner sleeves. Don’t use them, I would be afraid they would damage (scratch) my lp’s.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t risk it.

2 Likes

No. Either return them - or use as intended… :astonished:

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I tend to feel this like you.

Can’t believe this is asked especially on a HI-Fi forum. :scream:
Send them back. :roll_eyes:

Actually, far less ‘silly’ than many of the questions asked on here… IMO.
But… YMMV… :expressionless:

3 Likes

You are right, I will ask Richard to close that topic. I asked because I opened the package it and cut one sleeve. Can’t return. My question is now answered. I was however curious.

They wouldn’t fit inside a sleeve in any case, FR.

They come in handy for those damaged covers. I use them opening down, they slide in and out the rack better that way at the cost of having to remove them to get the record out.

I cut a bit and it fits inside. But now all people tend to agree it can damage the lp. If one day I have to sell some records, I will use these outer sleeves. But personally I prefer a cover without it.

1 Like

I have a plastic cover on every LP that I own - obviously not box sets, and it can be a bit tricky to squeeze the sleeve of a double LP or triple LP set into the cover. Although the plastic covers and the cardboard sleeves tend to vary in size, so a bit of squeezing and squashing usually does the trick (as the bishop said to the actress).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.