Can Naim NAP 500 DR can play well Dynaudio Confidence 60 or Wilso Audio Shasha DAW?

Great looking room!

Great system! Why did you choose placing the 552 in the right stack?

552 on the right for easier cable dressing

The idea is on left Brain and right Brawn. Left hand preamp and source, power amp at bottom. Right hand side power supplies with all the plugs on Naim equipment it is on the right hand side for this reason. Keeping the sources and preamp keeps the sensitive signal stages away from the big transformers and power leads.

That is my understanding of why 552 should be on the left in a two stack system. Of course some don’t do it this way. In your case it helps with cable dressing.

Not sure if anyone explained this brain and brawn system and reasons for racking in a certain way.

Hi J, suggesting changes to set up can obviously be a bit annoying, but from own experience the 500 head is quite sensitive to transformer boxes in close proximity. What you’ve done looks neat, but as Dan suggests brain and brawn stacks do make heck of a lot of sense. I had to move my preamp with a 2.5Kw transformer a foot away from my 500 head and also my brawn stack on the right moved a foot to the right. I can’t hear any cross talk between the boxes anymore. Here’s a set up photo for you:

Certainly at your level these things very much start to matter. ATB Peter

5 Likes

Thanks, will give it a try.

The answer yes, BUT will either suit your listening space.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.