Can Supernait 2 drive these Focal Arias?

Hello everyone,

I have an opportunity to get a good deal on some Focals: either Aria 926 or Aria 948.

My current setup is: Rega RP8 turntable / Apheta MC cart -> Rega Aria phono stage -> Supernait 2.

I have two questions:

1. I am wondering if the 948 could be driven by the SN2 adequately?
  2. My room size is 16x16 feet but it’s loft style with a big wide open space to the left. Is the 948 too big for my needs?

Thank you.

The SN2 can drive the 926s no problem. I have to say even these are pretty massive compared to most floorstanders in the price bracket, and sound better than most of them too. I had quite a lengthy demo of them at my dealer’s using an SN2 and was very impressed by them, and came close to taking them home. For the room size you’re talking about, I would think even the 926 is more than enough, they can seriously shift some air on the end of an SN2. Can’t say much more than that, I’ve not heard 936 or 948. I suspect that the SN2 would be fine with either, but best to demo and find out for yourself if you can.

Thanks Songstream. I shot an e-mail over to Naim about this point and they said the Supernait 2 would be perfectly capable of powering the Aria 948s.

I liked the 926’s and bought a pair, but be careful - to my ears they were too laid back, so I swapped them for Kudos C2. Much happier now!

The 926’s are very easy to drive, so SN2 no problem

@tonybabawalla Interesting. The only speakers I heard that even rivaled the 926s, and indeed were significantly better, was the Kudos X3s. They looked a bit tiny standing in the same space as the Focals, but it didn’t take me more than a few seconds to realise how talented they were, and how big they sounded. Naturally, I bought them, about and year and a half ago now, also to partner an SN2, and they’re fantastic. Also, universally approved of by everyone I know that has heard them, whether interested in music / hifi or not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.