Can you message now?

App notwithstanding, the forum is running under Discourse - its the service provider Naim use.

Not yet - have to check it out.

1 Like

Yes but I just enter via safari

Doesnā€™t matter whether browser or app, just I recall when I was ā€œpromotedā€ to that level it said it opened up messaging and other things, though I donā€™t think it was actually active. But it dropped me down at some point and I canā€™t check now.

Yes Iā€™ve been up and down without knowing how or why, Iā€™ve been upgraded now so Iā€™ll keep my head down.

I seem to have been demoted again, which doesnā€™t surprise me, to be honest :eyes:

I have no idea how they rate us, it all seems a bit confusing to me. Iā€™m off to watch the ABs play SA then Aussie Rules Grand Final/Wallabies v Argentina.

You can read about it if you want Pete by Googling Discourse Trust levels. Discourse is the platform that the Naim forum lives on. But many of the ā€œbenefitsā€ of higher trust levels are not enabled by Naim, messaging is one of them.

You have to do various things often enough to stay at the Regular level. Otherwise you drop to Member.

Messaging is obvious if itā€™s enabled. I belong to another forum on the Discourse platform and messaging is enabled there. You can just choose it anytime you want.

Best

David

2 Likes

I might download the app and enter via it in future.

Private messaging is not enabled here, except between admin and members (once initiated by admin). When we had it in the past it was sadly somewhat abused in order to circumvent forum rules. There were also reported cases of solicitation of members by businesses, so we had no other option but to disable it.

1 Like

Mike youā€™re still a regular, you need to be Richard to be above that.

1 Like

Just looked and it seems Iā€™m an empathetic and admired devotee!

Coo, Iā€™ll tell my mum.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.