Cancelling Subscription Services

Well your choice, I find PayPal a really safe way to transact online with great protections - I don’t like to share always bank details / card numbers with organisations I don’t know or trust. (For obvious security reasons). I do my streaming services via PayPal.

Another method I use and encourage for older kids is get an account like a Monzo account. You have superb control over transactions - and for foreign currency transactions there are no surcharges - so it is great to travel with. I simply top it up every month, and that is pretty easy to do as well - and is pretty near real time - ( usually takes about 10 seconds).
I disable contactless - other than my Monzo - so I have control and safety.

Since I have taken this approach over recent years I have had no invalid charges or intercepted fraudulent transactions on my cards.

5 Likes

Have also used PayPal over the years and it works well. Qobuz now adds a surcharge for payment by PayPal so I had to change to cc.

More recently I tend to use ApplePay for new online transactions as it’s so easy, I assume Google Pay etc work similarly.

1 Like

I use a Revolut disposable card for those sorts of transactions. So even if whoever you’re paying gets hacked the fact that the disposable card is a one use only means that even if hackers get the card number it is useless

Revolut under 18 card is fee-free but the parent also needs a (free for standard tier) Revolut account

Sounds good if not environmentally friendly. I guess more for large value transactions. For repeat lower value transactions I guess you need to look at other methods.
BTW I like to use cheques for certain high value transactions where I can … it’s the equivalent of 20 MPH speed limits… everything is slowed down, confirmed and generally safer as it is usually person to person. Many small business don’t like them or won’t accept them because it’s extra effort of course to cash them - but I digress.

1 Like

It isn’t a physical disposable card, it is a virtual card generated in app :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

argh perfect then…

1 Like

I’ve no idea how people get to view/hear all these streaming services. I’ve never paid to watch TV as most of it it dire, I subscribe to Tidal and that it.

1 Like