Can't wait for my new bike

Cheers

That’s a Bonnie T120 (2017) in my avatar picture. It doesn’t get much use these days but I’ve never been without a bike for the last 40 years.

2 Likes

It’s finally here!

22 Likes

What a beauty. Wishing you many happy years of motoring :relaxed:

1 Like

I always wanted one of those! Well, after an RGV250. I ended up waiting to later life before taking my test, starting out after passing on a VFR750 FJ. Now on a '99 Blackbird.

It was great fun with two huffing great carbs popping on the overrun. Wasn’t fun when the starter motor caught fire tho! or the oil consumption hence the rebuild needed .

1 Like

La la la la la la laaaa, I’m not listening. Don’t ruin my imaginary fault free Ducati ownership dream please X)

2 Likes

There’s a certain amount of inbreeding implicit in thoroughbred. I still miss riding my 750 bevelhead, I don’t miss owning it.

1 Like

So did it arrive?

It did. 17 days ago. See above. It looks quite something.

yep, Have put about 350 miles on it so far. First 300 were always going to be a little frustrating as had to keep the revs under 4,000rpm but even with that restriction it was bloody awesome. The last 50 miles have been something else entirely, I can now take it up to 5,000rpm (red line is at 8K) and the acceleration is just addictive, there’s a sweet spot in 4th at about 3,500 rpm where you get the full 168ft/lbs of torque and the thing just takes off, it’s like nothing else I’ve ever ridden.

2 Likes

perfect- thats what its all about
need to pull the Speed Triple out of my garage this morning for a blast

2 Likes

Amazingly superb piece of kit that!

:grin:

I’ve heard that when you blip the throttle on a Rocket, it rotates the earth ever so slightly.

BTW, I have had the pleasure of a factory tour and have seen Rockets in production.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

something like that! The cool thing is when you first start the engine the whole bike shimmies to the left a little.

My two “bikes” :laughing:
11 speed for the hills
1 speed for the road

3 Likes

It’s been a while since I rode anything with Rockshox on the front…as my shape will attest to :wink:

I used STX transmission and found it really good in all conditions, no point coughing up for LX bling!

I live about half a mile fro Swinley Forest so the human-powered bikes get an airing as well (although not as much as they used to :frowning: )
Quite enjoy pounding out the miles on the road bike as well. (& yes, I know the front forks are back to front on the MTB - the bike shop messed up when they delivered the bike!)

2 Likes

Tommy would be proud of that gag