Car Value to HiFi

Just a little bit of fun to see peoples priorities.
The ratio of peoples Car Value to hifi value. I propose new Hifi value what ever age and new car value if 3 years old or less. If older than 3 years second hand value on the car. And only one car (best) and one hifi (best) if you have multiples of either.

Mine is over 1:10 to hifi. This is pretty shocking to me.

Olive system but probably about equal value with secondhand value of the car

I think my HiFi holds its value better than my Alfa, I dare not do the calc.!

2 Likes

More Olive here, about half the value of my van, but about the same value as one of my mountain bikes. Eek! (that’s just the black boxes btw).

I have no car so my hifi is infinitely more expensive. And bike:hifi is 1:10

It’s probably at least 10 to 1 in favour of the hi-fi, but then, that just proves that I have my priorities right … though I do love my car too!

1 Like

Hifi worth about 3 x my car but less than one fifth the value of my motorcycles. Reckon that’s about how it should be.

1 Like

Pretty much 1:1.

About the same as @timmo1341 - but that could change :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

just over 10:1 ratio in favour of hifi (naim/kudos/linn/witch hat)

It’s a lease car, but 1:3 in favour of the car.

Quality audio holds its price very well in comparison with bread and butter cars and quite a few German and Japanese brands, even expensive ones. Used large screen TVs drop like a stone.
The only person who seems to make money with cars is Wayne Carini, but that’s a TV show.
If you want to see real money in action and this puts us well behind, take a look at AUCTION on Sky Arts, Freeview channel 11 and the price painting go for plus the buyers premium. There are people with the money to drop nearly £100 million on something to hang on the wall.
Which is back to taking a punt on something and hoping for a profit down the line.
At least my LP12 is not rusting ourside in the snow and won’t get a supermaket trolley ding in Waitrose.
One of the quipes in the Sales Office by a guy with a pretty good judge of a situation was," Are you buying or selling"?

Price i paid for my car < supernait

1:8 car to HiFi.

I’m guessing you have something like a Sony PS-F9 then? Or do you simply not listen to anything when shopping?

Another without a car, 6:1 HiFi:motorcycle but when I had a windfall it was the new bike I bought before replacing my 282 with a 552.

1 Like

2:1, hifi:car

Usage hifi 3 hours/day; car 1 hour/week

Using the new value of the active DBL system in comparison to my 11 year old Mondeo diesel estate…I reckon about 40:1 in favour of the hi-fi.

Willy.

3 Likes

About 20:1 in favour of hifi.

My car is rather nice, an Audi TT Turbo Quattro 230, but 20 years old this year. I’m basing on the cost of the car nearly 3 years ago, could be 30 or more now.

1 Like

Audio - car about 40:1

2 Likes