Cardboard boxes

Also - how can I tell whether it is MKI or MKII? I think there is no serial number - I bought it from a Naim employee.
Cheers
Steve

Hi @Beachcomber

I have just looked at my IBLs and yes there is an ‘air gap’ between the plate and top Velcro, and as far I know this is normal, it’s been a long time since I removed the grills!

I have had mine 25+ years and they were upgraded to MKII at the factory on a day I was visiting.

Here is some info from 2003 about IBL’s that may be of help - it mentions the MKI and MKII versions.

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/ibl_e.html

Thanks Geoff. I had come across this site, where it mentions two marks for these speakers, but the only clue I can find on that page is reference to a blue sealer - unless you take the speakers apart to see who made the bass drive. It seems there were three different makes - initially an Elac, then a Mordaunt Short, then one built by Naim based on a Dorma chassis. I’m pretty sure mine was the latter (Naim) one, because it has the aluminium centre plug. We’ll see what happens.
Cheers
Steve

1 Like

That’s a relief. Looking at photos on the web I was fairly sure that I could see a gap. Seems to be an odd design, though. I’m sure Roy had a reason.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.