Cartridge recommendations into an Ittok

recommendations for a new cartridge? to replace a seriously worn Linn Troika.

So recommendations are Dynavector 10x5. Any other suitable candidates?

Going into an Ittok LVII arm…82/hicaps/250/sbl.

I would stretch to a DV 20X …

And give the Trioka to Goldring for a refresh.

2 Likes

Thanks @Yeti… I’ve heard that the Goldring refurb is not all that great. Does anybody else have some experiences they can share?

I have no experience of this whatsoever…just trying to get my system sorted after 15 years or so and a limited budget.

1 Like

I found a Linn Klyde worked very well in my Ittok for some 16 or 17 years. I now have a Krystal in there, which works equally as well.

My dealer says the refurbed Troikas are a great match, as is the Ortofon Cadenza Bronze (never heard this though).

1 Like

Definitely, prior to my current DV 20X2L I had the 10X5 and was never a great fan of it but the 20X2L is wonderful. I’ll caveat that by saying I had the 10 on a Rega RB300 with original thin wiring and my 20 is on a RB808 with the much improved wiring. Both on my Michell Syncro turntable.

1 Like

Initially had an AT 33 ev on my Ittok. Was excellent and can be bought at a discount. Changed to Krystal recently- some improvement but not £800 worth…

Van den Hul did a brilliant job on my Troika at a reasonable price.

@kuma reported on the Goldring refurb a while back.

A friend uses an Ittok and has always stuck with a DV17D2 or 3 but I think he’s pre Cirkus. He’s not gone on to the DX with its heavier brass body yet.

AT OC9 ML/II on Linn Ittok LVII into Naim Stageline S. Very good synergy between the three imo.

The Audio Technica is cheaper than the DV10X5 and performs superbly in the Ittok.

2 Likes

dynavector xx2

Big fan of DV cartridges first serious one 10x then upgraded to 20x, I think they really punch above their price point used both with Ittock into Stageline and then Naim Pre with HCDR

Just upgraded to XX2 which is exceptional

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.