Cartridges who likes Ittok

Interesting Jonners, thank you.

If it’s any help, I found my one-time DV 20x2 Low to be just the right side of neutral (ie. with a bit of warmth and lushness) in my previous Naim set. Perhaps this very nice model could be a good match for your Aro and Aria.

But this is away from Crifo’s thread…

No problem for me, as long as you give me your opinion on Adikt / Ittok :smile:

Cheers Christopher_M, I value your advice, in fact I value any advice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Even with that rug hanging off the stylus?

1 Like

Ha ha! That pic waas taken before I got an RCM. No such problems these days…

All I can say is that I once compared my Linn (welded subchassis, serviced Valhalla, non-Cirkus), Ittok and DV 10x5 with a Linn Majik LP12. (At the time, the spec of the Majik was glued subchassis, on board psu, Cirkus, Project arm and Linn Adikt, optional lid [!] )

I prefered the Majik, which felt more involving. So I bought the Cirkus.

I understand the Adikt is made by Goldring, and that pointy bits on the top are are designed to offer perfect fuss-free alignment in the headshell on a Linn arm.

Was it something I said?

I had my first Ittok in 1980 supplied and installed with an Asak. Over the next couple of years moved on to an Asak T this was when I was a customer of the Sound Organisation in the Borough Market. At the same time they found a problem with the bearing, Linn exchanged my Ittok for a new one. Two years down the line another bearing problem was discovered when I went back for spring / grommets service. Again the arm was exchanged by Linn FOC.
That Ittok served me well till 2004 when I purchased an Aro which to be is the best arm to have on an LP12 only my opinion.

Regards,

Martin

I’ve used AT0C9, Dynavector 10x5 & 20x2L & a Benz Micro Ace L all to good effect on an Ittock big the best by a long chalk was the 20x2L.

1 Like

I see a dark sounding Klyde is a great match with a bright-ish Ittok.
I am curious what you think of Krystal with Ittok if you decided to change.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.