Cat FIP cure?

Gorgeous cat, wonderful stroke-able fur; that photo just makes you wonder…

“What’s going on in that little furry head?”

2 Likes

Great looking pussy!

2 Likes

Yes his fur is beautifully soft and lush. He’s an extremely intelligent little one and absolutely crackers. Plays all the time and runs around the house by himself. I was absolutely gutted when he was diagnosed with FIP and going to be put to sleep within days. This treatment is very clever and truly amazing.

2 Likes

Great news Count, and a cracking photograph, though, he does look a bit “angry”. With the recent sad departure of internet luminaries “Grumpy Cat” and “Furious Maud”, perhaps stardom awaits as “Angry Mo”

And more good news; if you recall our Zebedee was stricken around the same time. Here he is now:

He had the All-clear about a month ago. He now has had to go on a special diet, but that’s because, like me, he’s an Old Buqqer!

5 Likes

Great to hear about Zebedee. What was wrong with him?

Mo has a very expressive face. Outside is still relatively new to him, as he’s only allowed in the garden with me for short periods only. When he’s out, his face changes constantly, reflecting excitement, then anxious, inquisitive, etc… The picture above makes him look a little too squashed, too stocky and flat-faced. Definitely not an angry cat :smiley: I’ve only heard him hiss once and that was when I tried to pull/push/squeeze him out from under a cabinet, because he had a vet appointment to go to.

Mo in the garden this morning. Had his 8 week post treatment blood test a couple of days ago and all’s still fine. Hopefully just one more blood test to go in 4 weeks time.

9 Likes

Excellent news!

1 Like

I hope Mo continues to thrive.

1 Like

Situation report & photo needed please.

1 Like

Thanks for asking. Sorry I’ve not kept this up to date.

Mo had his final blood test at the end of May and all was fine except for his Neutrophils were low this time. He had another blood test a week later and they were normal. As the the neutrophils are transient, it was possibly just vet-stress.

So that’s it. 3 months of treatment, followed by 3 months of observation and tests, apparently he’s now cured. His appetite, weight and behaviour are all perfect. A very healthy cat now. Quite amazing. He was a couple of days away from being put to sleep in Dec and I’ll never forget Mo’s response 5 hours after giving him a caplet from China, paid via Paypal to some unknown company. Hard decision, but it had to be made fast.

Here’s Mo today in the garden. He’s saying it’s far too hot.

9 Likes

Well, amidst all the current “doom and gloom”, that is indeed welcome news.

Mo is looking very good :).

It was indeed very hot today. Our Zebedee was out in the garden most of the day moving from shady spot to shady spot, but he was clearly struggling by late afternoon (Burmese coats are very thick), so we brought him into the conservatory and put the air con on full. That worked - he slept for two hours.

And having woken up refreshed he is currently dragging SWMBO around the garden.

1 Like