Catalogue Vinyl

Nice job Indeed igahman, I started like that, using old continuous form printout paper in A3. Then I discovered excel

1 Like

Awesome notes and great handwriting but think Discogs will be your friend

1 Like

Love the Discogs app, especially since I worked out you can narrow down releases by country, year etc. Re a record cleaner I’ve been really pleased with my GLÅSS Audiodesk, the newer model cleans singles as well, makes a huge difference, especially as I buy a lot of pre-owned records.

Thanks Discogs is working out so far unfortunately not a lot of barcodes on my Vinyl. I need to get a record cleaner while SWMBO is away Lol. When she asks what it is i’ll say it was in storage lol !!!

1 Like

Can really recommend the project vcs- 2alu record cleaner It gets mentioned a lot on this forum which lead me to buy one. I have now cleaned all my second hand records and the improvement in sound quality is amazing. It’s massive though so not so easy to hide from significant others!

1 Like

Thanks for the Tip !!!

Progress Update

30 Cassettes added (Going to get rid I think not worth buying a Cassette Deck)
34 CD’s (Will keep)
23 Vinyl Box-sets (Various stuff some nice still sealed Oasis)
66 Vinyl Classical (Is most of this available on Streaming Sites?)
163 Vinyl Compilations (Good mixture of Comps Now 11 anyone lol!)
3 Vinyl Opera (Probably keep its Vinyl)
56 Vinyl Soundtrack (To many copies of Jesus Christ Superstar)

Starting on the General Stuff 10cc (Signed by the Band)

1 Like

It looks like you are having fun :wink: It was the same for me at the beginning, now that I reached 1765 items recorded I struggle to keep doping It for the old titles and focus mainly on new purchases…:pensive: the thought of having another 1300+ ahead of me is scaring… :pleading_face::woozy_face:

1 Like

I’ve just logged 350 albums on the VinylWall app.
It can export but I’m not that impressed with its ability with classical albums, so will try Discogs.

1 Like

I’ve only got to 420 CDs and Vinyl so far :confused:

1 Like

I think it will be worth it in the end am not focussing on Gradings just getting them in to Discogs

1 Like

Yes i find Discogs convenient and you can export

1 Like

Better than me lol !!!

1 Like

Sure, I agree with you, when I look at my collection on Discogs I feel proud, It might be stupid as it is not an essential activity in anyone’s life…nevertheless It Is an evidence of a whole life passion for music :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thing that scares me is the amount of money I’ve clearly spent over the years. Having said that I’ve enjoyed, loved the music and don’t regret it. It’s just when you see the numbers… :scream:

3 Likes

It’s when you notice how many times you have bought the same album. 6 times in some cases :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I hear you 10cc Sheet Music 6 Copies, Dark Side Of The Moon 12 Copies, Billy Joel Greatest Hits
Vol 1 & 2 7 Copies etc etc

2 Likes

I think there may be a helpline available for the Dark side of the moon purchases.:open_mouth:

1 Like

I hope so was looking at another copy on Discogs !!!

1 Like

Can anyone recommend Vinyl Outer Sleeves for Single and Double Albums

Once i buy my RCM i assume most People use the Nagaoka No. 102 after cleaning