CB/Olive/classic system stacking conundrum

The stacking order of my existing system is relatively straight forward

NDS
NAC72 & Hicap
Empty shelf waiting for new PS555DR to arrive
Chrome bumper NAP135
Chrome bumper NAP135

I’ve bought a NAC52 and Supercap plus a new shelf of full fat frame so have an opportunity to rebuild and check over the frame as well figure the new stacking order.

As there are 3 different finishes of equipment in the rack aesthetics are a consideration but the boxes sit happily side by side so am focusing on sound quality

Am currently thinking…

NDS
NAC52
Supercap
PS555DR
NAP135
NAP135

but is there a better way?

Switch the NDS and the 52 over?
The other consideration over the NDS/52 and Supercap/555PS ordering is the ease of cabling.
There’s a few reports of success with the pre-amp highest up, but there’s other who think the other way. Give it a try if you can be bothered, otherwise don’t worry about it and enjoy your system.

2 Likes

I have ND555 - 52 - Space - 555PSDR - Supercap - 135 -135
The music sounds really good to me. Having the 3 olive boxes together is the main reason for the PS ordering, I’ve never tried the boxes in a different order.

1 Like

Yup. Thats it… I have a ‘mix’ of Olive and Black (aka Classic) and don’t worry about how it looks.
It is what it is.
My stacking order is (on Isoblue) - CDX2 - 82 - Olive 250 - XPS2 - Olice HiCap (2 off)

1 Like

A mix of case style seems to be leading to an easier going attitude to stacking order ;o) and I’ll give the suggestions a try, especially the 52 on the top shelf

Will post pics when sorted, thanks for the suggestions

This is my set up.

Left Brain Stack

Graham Slee Phono Stage
NDS
Nac 82

Right Brawn Stack
CDS3
Lingo 1
555PS (Non Naim)
XPS2
Supercap 2

When I didn’t have the CDS3 I had the two 135s top right above power supplies.

2 Likes

My stacking is…

LP12
Stageline & Allo USBridgeSig/DigiOneSig Streamer
nDAC
Lingo, NAPSC2 & Allo Shanti
NAT05
CDX
NAC82
SNAXO & Hicap (Stageline)
XPS (nDAC)
Supercap (82)
Supercap (SNAXO)
NAP250 (left)
NAP250 (right)

and off to one side - a stepladder to reach the LP12!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.