Cd boards

It’s the classic Naim kit equivalent of Bitcoin …

I suppose it’s limited supply, some kit has been fiddled with, some just not looked after, so top condition equipment still makes good money.

Patience is the key.

Empty boxes of a nice 72/140 setup.

2 Likes

Hello, finally I’ve managed to source a 72 pre amp, no boards inside but description is good condition, it is a later unit with CD input and the later black snaic, i can concentrate on 180 now although I have been looking all the time as you quite rightly say be patient, regards Neil.

1 Like

NO Boards - at all…?? Or you mean no Phono Boards…? (hope its this…)

Hello, a bit of a panic after reading your post, but after reading the description it thankfully is just no phono boards, phew, can’t wait to receive it as this is the first step to rebuilding the system I enjoyed so many years ago, not had any sound system for over 25 years I refused to compromise with a cheap crappy hi fi or low fi system. Thanks for reply. Neil.

1 Like

I was panicking for you, when you said NO Boards. The 72 is FULL of Boards…!!! (or it should be…)

Would guess that pleanty of 3 series Phono bards are out there… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello, the description clearly says he has upgraded to a 52 or 82 can’t remember but all it says is no phono boards so I’m not panicking as the description clearly states good condition, paid via a well known site and system with a little protection, will keep you all posted on the trail of putting it all together, regards Neil.

Sound legit. Would certainly be Not As Described if any other boards are missing…

There are photos above, for you to study and memorise… :blush:

Thank you, as soon as pre and power are together I intend to get them checked and serviced, that way I can be reasonably sure of having a system that will last, one last quick question what paint can be used to touch up cases, I have been put off several units because they have minor blemishes, if you can touch up I perhaps won’t be as fussy, still be careful just not discount units with minor faults, regards Neil.

I have used Humbrol Gloss Black model paint, where needed - on Olive (or CB ) units. Or - you can try Black Shoe Polish…

Whereas on Black units, its better to try Humbrol Satin Black.

May I ask… What did you pay for your 72…?

I see there are indeed 3 series Phono boards listed (a set of 323’s - not stated which), on a well know auction site, currently…

Hi no problem it was a bit cheaper than some at £415 as mentioned with no phono boards, was it a good price on today’s market and how much do you think the 180 will be, regards Neil.

Not bad… Mine was about £285, in '09 - with TWO sets of Phono boards…!!

No idea on 180’s sorry. Suggest you search Sold Items, on you-know-where…

Hi yes prices seem to have gone through the roof, but if they are still going strong after 25 years than if serviced and looked after they should be ok for years of listening pleasure, so I suppose if you take into account inflation since 09 and the amount of pleasure a good system gives it’s a bargain, in fact it may be an investment. Neil.

Don’t forget to get it serviced. 72s are perhaps less of a priority than HCs or power amps though.
My second 72 is headed north.
Neither had been to Class A or Naim since birth. Both had not been touched.
Hopefully that has reset the clock for another 25 years.

1 Like

Hello all, 72 has been delivered and for once I am 100% happy with a purchase from a well known site, if anything then seller understated it’s condition it to me looks mint, so you are all correct it pays to be patient, as mentioned it is a later unit and as soon as I purchase the 180 I shall take both units for a service, I did ask earlier when I find a cdx will than need a service or is it a case of if it works it’s ok, long way to go but I’m on the way, thank you all and kind regards, Neil.

3 Likes

Good news, Neil. Enjoy your 72.

Cool… :sunglasses:

Re CDX - my understanding with Naim CD players is they should be left alone, if they are working.

Thank you that’s good news and saves a few bob no doubt, regards Neil.

1 Like

Hello and woohoo, managed to find a late 180 on a well known site, if it’s condition is half as good as its description I’m going to be very happy, decided to wait until after restrictions are lifted and will take 72/180 for service it’s only 65 miles away to Sheffield and that way guaranteed delivery, cdx next, regards Neil.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.