Cd high cap

hi all
Has any one tried a hicap on a cd5sx which is running off an ndac
the dac being used as a transport.
what was the result

Hi Dave, I assume you mean the CD5XS as transport feeding the DAC via coax?

yes mate i did mean the cd as a transport sorry . i am thinking of putting a hicap on my cd player. but was hoping for some advice

:grinning:
If you are using the CD player as transport then there is little work for the Hicap to do. Sell it on :blush:

thank for your reply

Assuming you haven’t already got one on your preamp, you could put the HC there, Dave.

I have two hicaps on my 282 amp. I have asked naim for advice on this. but thay told me to use a supercap witch is way out of my price range .lol

You can offset the cost of the Suoercap with the sale of the Hicaps. :blush:

I’m tempted to suggest you don’t get SC - unless you ultimately plan on getting a 252.
Now getting a 555PS for the N-Dac is another thing altogether…:wink:

no plans just yet. I will stick with my 282 I think

Mixed views abound on the 282 with a supercap but I found it an excellent upgrade, even with a non DR SC. These days pre owned non DR Supercaps are quite reasonably priced, so, as @Guinnless suggests, maybe worth a look at what you could get for your hicaps to offset. You’d find it a much bigger upgrade than putting a HC on the Cd even if you weren’t running it through the DAC, imo.

In which case, I’ll take your spare HC off you for ten bob :wink:

I have three olive hicaps all serviced recently. I will save up and get a supercap .thank you all for you input

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.