CD player decisions but based on SQ: CD 555 or Luxman D10X

Deleted, please remove.

Agree with @Chocky here.
Recent owner of brand new D-10X and absolutely loving it.
I will also add the build quality is phenomenal and itā€™s a pleasure to use.
Canā€™t comment on the Naim CD player though.
Good luck @JD-in-CA

2 great choices clearly.

Given that you donā€™t want to stream yet, but know which way the wind is blowing, there is another option. After all, in 10 or 15 years, who knows which CD players will still be serviceable?

Could you get a Core and a s/h nDAC - and XPSDR (or above) as a power supply for the DAC?

That lot would be cheaper than the figure you mention.

Now play each CD once. They will then be stored in a library and you can easily play them with amazing SQ without getting up, just using your mobile phone.

If you do relent on streaming one day, itā€™s cheap to add.

1 Like

Well, I just made the decision and paid in full, talked the price down over 1k, so went with the refreshed CD555 and 555PSā€¦

I truly love the Naim sound over all others so wanted to keep my kit consistent. And I donā€™t own a single SACD anyway, can always do that, and streaming later. Looking forward to assembly and listening!

4 Likes

Even though i donā€™t need a cd player or want one.
I do like the way the cd555 works with the design of the classic boxes. Sitting on top, it really looks well, shame the nd555 never did the same really, as it was a nice touch.

Anyway enjoy once you get it

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.