CD Players

Thanks, Ian. Yes, I need to chase up Audio T, to find out if my NAT-01 is back from Salisbury, and to ask if Naim can fix the CDS II - I hardly dare ask about the CDP, for fear of getting the ‘wrong’ answer!

2 Likes

I think you may get a better answer now than a few years ago , when the Pandemic was affecting all aspects of manufacturing .

best wishes

Ian

The problem was that Naim’s Service Dept could not lay their hands on the (Philips-made) transport mechanism used in the CDS II, on which production had been stopped years previously. I know that Naim were searching worldwide, but I never head whether they had found fresh supplies anywhere.

I should stir up courage and ask, I know!

1 Like

I think they did find extra supplies, not sure for what models though, perhaps @NeilS can advise the latest?

I think Gazza is right.

This is the current situation to the best of my knowledge:

VAM1205 -
CD3-5
CD5
CDX
CDS2

All good.

VAM1202 -
Uniti1
CDX-2
CD5x & xs
CDS3

Currently having supply issues.

Also note that if/when we source these, we are still unable to offer VAM1250 to VAM1202 updates, due to stocks of the required PCBs now exhausted. This applies to CDX-2 & CDS3.

Regards
Neil.

Please be mindful that this info may no longer be relevant if quoting this post in the future!

3 Likes

Thank you, Neil. So that means, I think, that I need to be asking my dealer to get my CDS II to Salisbury as soon as poss to have a new mech fitted while they’re still available?

2 Likes

Absolutely Graham!

Regards
Neil.

2 Likes

Thank you, Neil. I shall get that organised as soon as I can.

Am I right in thinking that they need to send to Naim HQ the CDS and its power supply?

2 Likes

New to me but not a newly published one, sounds quite good though, so quite probably from before those changes took place

It’s best practice really & essential if you’re going for a full service!

Regards
Neil.

Think it’s in short supply period.

It is true I’m finding it hard to justify even buying a cd these days. Like you all my music comes via my streamer.

1 Like

Get a life mate :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Thank you for this, Neil. Will do!

1 Like

I still buy occasional cds but more importantly I file them conveniently with the rest of my collection so I can refer to the album cover or booklet should I want to while streaming. Can’t imagine boxing them away or worse selling.

2 Likes

I did box mine up thinking I won’t be needing them again even thought of selling them (well most).

They’re now unboxed and on show in racks.

5 Likes

I would suggest getting a power supply for the NDX2 would yield more satisfaction since u stream most of the time.
Xpsdr was great on my NDX2……555dr better yet
NDX2/555dr is an awesome source
David

1 Like

Stop it David. Stop it right now. The SN3/NDX2 combination sounds great to me. I’m not buying any more black boxes and if I did, it wouldn’t be long before somebody suggested another upgrade. :sunglasses:

Having said that, if Naim brought out a new cd player for around £5k I wouldn’t be able to contain myself.:rofl:

6 Likes

Don’t be such a spoilsport!!

Spending other people"s money for them is one of the most fun aspects of this great Forum!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.