CD Storage on Shelves

Dear JOF, Many thanks. I have seen the tylko shelving system and it does look pretty good. I did think about using it for myself but in the end I thought it worth saving up and going for the shelves I really wanted and would last me a lifetime. I have specified Vitsoe shelves for many clients over the years and they are a lovely product from an amazing company. After taking ages and agonising over the decision I am going to stick to the shelves. The E tracks have been installed and I am just in the process of adding shelves to the system so I MUST find something that will work with the shelves. I think others will find the Tylko reference helpful though. In addition if you have plenty of wall space there is Teebooks. Many thanks.

Dear ChrisSU, yes old bits of furniture are sometimes great. In addition to the shelves upstairs we do have a drapers cabinet with drawers (like the attached) which is another space saving way of storing them but this solution does not suit my aesthetic plan for upstairs.

1 Like

Here is how I store mine. Each drawer stores 240 cds. They are made my Can-am. The number of drawers can be configured with either 2, 3 or 4 per cabinet. The cabinets ca be stacked. I believe the commitment of wall space is less than wall mounted shelves. But of course it does take up more floor space.

2 Likes

Dear Dan5, Another really sensible approach and Can-am makes the cabinets in white and a few other colours too. I had looked at them but even in the other colours, they are far too industrial looking for this particular installation. They seem very heavy duty and will I am sure be great for someone else with a similar storage issue. Thanks

Thanks so far to everyone who has made suggestions. They have been very helpful in crystallising my thoughts. Yesterday I found a company making very simple, unfussy leather binders. If these are suitable and cost effective I shall publish images and details here. At the moment I am looking for A4 and A5 CD sleeves that could fit inside these folders. If you have any tips regarding the sleeves, please let me know. I would like packs of at least 100. Many thanks, Regina

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.