CD stores in London

For soul, jazz and funk, there’s Soul Brother Records in Putney, a Saarf London institution for more than 30 years. It’s right by East Putney tube station on the District line (about 25 mins from Victoria, or 10 from Earl’s Court).

2 Likes

Are you coming over for the Ashes Pete?

Sure am I’m arriving on Tuesday and got tickets for the Thursday (29th). Catching up with a few members on the Wednesday for drinks and watch a bit of day 1 at a pub in London more than welcome to join us if you’re around.

Would love to Pete but a bit difficult - am in Ireland :rofl: :rofl:

Amazingly too - I will probably be rooting for the Brits - that’s equivalent to you rooting for the Kiwis!!

Peter

1 Like

For secondhand CDs and Vinyl, there are two shops of the Music & Video Exchange, one in Greenwich and one Notting Hill.
I have not been to Notting Hill, but visit the Greenwich shop when I can and always come away with a few items. They operate a ‘Dutch Auction’ pricing method, so there are always some bargains to be had, particularly on CDs.

2 Likes

Used to make annual (or more) visits to Notting Hill when I visited London, any chance I got basically. Always excellent for classical and rock/jazz. Not been since covid but I understand the classical basement is open again after being flooded….

Greenwich is mostly Rock/Indie and Popular, with small amount of Jazz/Blues. No classical, so I presume they sent those to Notting Hill.

All time greatest for FOPP was when they were offloading all those Prestige/Riverside/Milestone/Contemporary/Fantasy jazz CDs, including just about every OJC for £3 a pop. About 2010 I think. The Cambridge Circus store was an Alladins Cave.

2 Likes

Yes remember it well I bagged most of them. Happy days.

2 Likes

@TheKevster are you free over the weekend?

@Pete_the_painter – I’ll drop you a line at your email address on your website.

I take it you enjoyed England’s Ashes collapse today…

1 Like

That email address isn’t operational at present @Richard.Dane maybe able to help. As for the cricket yes I did enjoy it but even I would have liked to see more of Joe Root.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.