CD transport for Nova - Audiolab 6000CDT

You use what floats your boat as uk people say.
What I meant in the Nds case, it that the Nds is something too expensive, specially when it was bought new , to use only as radio.
Better have a real top radio in that case, like a Magnum Dynalab for instance.

1 Like

I have tried a 6000CDT into my Naim nDAC. Worked very well. Not quite as good as my Exposure 3010S2 CD as a transport, but the Audiolab would be my choice for a budget CD transport. I also tried a Cambridge CXC, which was also good, but not quite as good as the Audiolab.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

The Meridians do the job superbly. A bit of an eye opener for a 25 year old cd transport into my Ndac 555. I have had the 200 transport serviced. The mids and prat are superb

2 Likes

Heed make a CD transport and their gear matches sonically with Naim nicely too.

1 Like

Absolutely sure that you are correct , just wish Naim would build one .

1 Like

Interesting, as I am getting excellent results with my CXC connected to the Atom via a good digital coax cable. It sounds remarkably good. Much better than CD players which I connected before also using digital coax. Might be that the Audiolab is even better than the CXC, that would be a no brainer then.

1 Like

Using a Naim CDP thru itā€™s coax connect would also allow you to control it thru the Naim App with system automation, I believe.
However, a few of the Naim CDPs donā€™t have a coax output.

1 Like

Mine only has an analogue output, the thing is sometimesIā€™ve noticed a better presentation when fed by the streamer

So I am wondering about by-passing the on board Dac and ( as pointed the analogue to digital filter)

The thing about this player are the outstanding reviews at a bargain price

Iā€™m a big fan of the meridian 200 as a transport into the Naim DAC - it definitely has the ā€œX factorā€ that eludes most others.

1 Like

I have a 6000CDT in my study system. Out of interest I hooked it up to my 272 a few weeks ago and compared with my 22 yr old cd3.5 + flatcap that normally runs through it.

The Audiolab was very competent and precise still.

The 3.5/flatcap puts it in the shade however and to my mind is far more musical. Not a close gap either.

2 Likes

Thanks - thatā€™s the sort of feedback I wuz looking for

And the Meridian 500Mk2 is even better into an nDAC.

OP - If you just want/need a basic but very good transport, Iā€™d go with the Audiolab. Having had both it and a Cambridge CXC in my system at the same time feeding an nDAC, I think the Audiolab a bit better sounding (not that the Cambridge is bad - it is not).

Hope that helps!

1 Like

What we all want ( well maybe not all) is a half sized naim cd transport. Most here will already have a streamer, so have the dac. Just not a transport.
Me, Iā€™ve stuck my cd5xs in the loft. I used to feed this into my ndx2. Then realised I had everything ripped to nas. And, needed space on the rack.
Like the OP I did consider the Audiolab 6000, but was unable to get any real feedback.

2 Likes

More expensive butā€¦

Or thisā€¦

1 Like

I do get the feeling Exposure are a company that is quietly doing well, their range in some ways reminds me of early Naim

Like the half box format

If they canā€™t re-engineer a half box CD transport, at least put an optical /co-axial output on a CD5si

3 Likes

Not sure if I am allowed to put the link, but Paul Rigby has written one of the most glowing reviews I have ever read - for this product.

He awards it 10/10

Cool, just read itā€¦glowing praise for the 6000CDTā€¦10/10 !

1 Like

It is, and then I read the customer reviews on the Audio T website, they are very pleased and one customer has put it together with some serious Dacs and been very pleased .

Problem is, that this appears to be a highly capable source for less than a serious cable

Got to be worth a punt then, nowt much to loseā€¦

1 Like