CD Transport vs. Streamer Transport

@Polarbear

I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but I would thoroughly recommend a home trial of those Gaia isolating feet under your Titans.

They were available on a “no like, no keep, and your money back” basis, and what they do under my Neat MF9s on a suspended wooden floor is quite remarkable.

As you know, the vertical soundstage offered by the Neats is considerable, but I now seem to have a front to back 3D soundstage too, and the bass has tightened up considerably, and become more easily followed.

As I say, they were available on a home trial basis from Audio T, and even without any real understanding of how they work their magic, they’re one of the best upgrades I’ve done so far … not counting that NAP 500, of course. :joy::+1:

What is a “suspended wooden floor”?

The first thing I tried, without success!

Thanks, @Harry for the Audience suggestion - I know them so would trust their opinion/recommendation.

Mark

1 Like

Given that the NDS will not function without an external PS I would say that a PSU is somewhat essential!

2 Likes

In UK, many modern houses have floors which are laid on wooden joists which are butted into the brickwork with an air gap between them and the concrete slab which forms the foundations, hence, “suspended floor”.

The outer walls contain perforated air bricks which allow for air circulation under the house, reducing the possibility of dampness occurring.

2 Likes

Do you typically use plywood & cork sub flooring?

I didn’t know that, good to know! :wink:

Usually ply or chipboard.

1 Like

Good luck with it.

As a thought are there CD transports that people have used with Nova/272 etc?

Another thumbs up for Audience at Bath for LP12 work. They installed my Karousel a while back - typically fine job by Peter.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.