CD555 how to change inputs

Recently got mine to go with with my recently acquired cdsii. It’s a joy to use and I knew when I got it that it wasn’t going to last forever. I will enjoy it while it works and will know I had a piece of Naim history for a while.

BTW, wasn’t it your good self who advised me to pick up a cdsii/xps in my “Credo” thread? Good call. I did, and I love it. :+1:

Graeme - where from? Have been wondering about getting hold of one, and what the cost should be. Also, are mechs still available?

1 Like

Good news. Just be careful though because the Flash wakes with any movement - including sometimes vibration from music!

Not unlike myself. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Got both rom a well known auction site. Cdsii quickly developed/already had undetected laser problem. Dealer sent it back to Naim and laser was repaired at dealers cost. So far so good. Not entirely sure what work Naim did, but it works.

So yes, Naim can repair the laser but I think, and others here may know better than I, the mech itself cannot be replaced.

G - should you experience a stuck volume control (mine was stuck upwards!), then I’d suggest leaving the Flash overnight so the cap gets a lot of time to discharge.

The tip re batteries insertion is valuable but sometimes I think it’s been inhabited by the punk-haired gremlin. 99% of the time it’s OK.

Also, if the Low Battery warning arises after only a short period of use, I simply re-loaded the same batteries and mine was OK.

HappyListener, there’s a low battery warning? Battery replacement following Richards advice went well and all is working as expected - so far. Gave the cap just over an hour to discharge.

G- Yep = comes up on the top of the LCD display - quite small but it should show when the time comes.

Touch wood and crossing everything, mine has been OK for months now after the stuck volume incident. I think it’s a case of new Duracells each time (my standard m.o.), inserted as Richard outlines.

Oh, and make sure the Flash is parked where it cannot vibrate/be nudged when not in use, so as to wake itself up (I think already mentioned above?).

I think my gremlin must have been rehomed, moved on to my Sky box per recent events!

1 Like

I had one too but I reckon the R-Com is even more sensitive to vibrations. Mine lights up even resting next to me on the chair when the music is going. The Flash never did that.
Enjoyed having the Flash though, it’s one of those products you have to own for a while before moving it on. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.