CD5XS as tpt to NDS/555PSDR vs CDS3 or CD555/555PSDR

‘like’

2 Likes

My bad. The switch I have is a CISCO 2960. Got it working. It is indeed quieter and I am hearing more. More listening needed…

1 Like

Since I added the switch, something just seemed to snap into place. I am hearing much more and it boogies. The weight and the texture, especially the bass sounds so much more real. I have dropped all thoughts of getting the CD5XS.

I shared something similar in one of the Naim facebook groups, and someone said this is all snake oil, but I know what i am hearing and am keeping it that way.

Btw, as I had a spare powerline lying around, it is now powering the switch. However, even when I was using the normal naim stock powercord on the switch, i could hear the difference. Didnt feel a need to swap between the 2 powercords to compare.

2 Likes

so you enjoy your nds now ? i hope. Try a different ethernet cables too, like the belden in nd555 impressions thread, or audioquest vodka.
More to lift still.
The cisco is sensitive to microphony, so a good support is important and makes difference.

Yes. I am enjoying my NDS like never before.
I am using some Belden cables with Metz RJ45. Happy enough not to meddle with cables for the moment.

As for the support for the switch, I can’t really do much to that. The place where the switch is already quite cluttered.

Thanks for advice. I will see what I can do though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.