Cds3 service

No idea Mike, that would down to the people at Naim.

I wanted to write, as well as just lazily chucking you an emoji response. That is such good news, thanks for sharing it. I don’t know if it’s just me, but seems like the forum needed some good Naim news on the service side, and that’s right up there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have submitted information to Naim/Focal N.America and am waiting for a reply. I know they receive shipments from Naim HQ weekly. Hoping for good news!

Hi Mark,

I didn’t personally work on your unit, but reading between the lines it appears that we were unable to recreate the skipping fault (passed transport soak period etc.) & the original VAM1250 remains. At the time we were unable to replace it with the VAM1202 due to the shortage.

Regards
Neil.

Hi @NeilS,
Thanks for the response. For information, when I submitted the CDS3 for repair, I did not say the unit was skipping. Just the low distorted output on one channel. So the job report and work done is consistent with the state when I took it in.
With regards the new mech. VAM1202, does this mean that Naim can source this now and fully service CDS3s in the future? If so that is good news.
Regards,
Mark

Ah, perhaps something got lost in translation somewhere along the way then.

This is currently the case, yes.

Regards
Neil.

5 Likes

Thanks to Naim HQ, Richard Dane, Stephano Petrocca, and Michel Rousseau[Focal/Naim N. America]. My CDS3 is shipping to Canada for a new laser mech! I am extremely pleased with the level of customer service and can return to CD bliss in a few weeks. Bravo Naim!

mike

11 Likes

Good news for cds3 owners at last. Lets hope that it will remain serviceable when the time will come…

1 Like

My cds3 is on it way from Dublin to naim so hopefully it won’t be too long of a wait for repair .

2 Likes

Hi, did you get your cds3 back from service yet.?

My CDS3 has returned and sounds excellent. Paired with the PS555 it eclipses the Cyrus CDi by a far margin. Fine customer service from Naim/Focal N. America.

4 Likes

Great thanks i have mine in for service still waiting for it back gone 4 weeks now hopefully i will hear something soon glad to hear your happy.

Naim/Focal are backed up with service orders. Took over 4 weeks for my CDS3 repair but you will be happy when it is finished!

3 Likes

Cheers.

I have the same experience. Naim have had my XPSDR for a repair just over 4 weeks. Will check with my dealer at the end of the week.

2 Likes

my cds3 has been away since the end of may I should be getting a call from dealer anyday now,luckily dealer loaned me a marantz sa10 for the first 3 weeks which i then swapped for a rega isis which i can keep until mine comes home which was nice of him.
I will say the cds3 is to me so much more musical and engaging to listen too than the other two.

Good to hear you still have music my system is powered down i have to wait for my player to return to resume listening.

to be fair to naim they did tell me roughly 8 week lead time and it only left the dealers when there ready to work on it (lack of storage at factory)mine was at hq 4th of july so they’ve had it a weekish so not much longer.

Any update on your player ?

not heard anything yet players been at factory since 4th july so two weeks shouldn’t be much longer
the rega isis ain’t bad but its not a cds3 I’ll report back once its home.

1 Like