Cds3 service

Am I reading this correctly???
Are naim able to service the cds3 again???

Sounds like they can do a mechanism replacementā€¦ā€¦

XMas in May

Excellent news, by the sound of it. CDS3 lives !

1 Like

Can you please verify that the Vam 1202 transport mech is available? I have contacted Michel at Focal/Naim but he is off until May 15th. I have been waiting for a year for an opportunity to have my CDS3 repaired.

Many thanks!

mike

I spoke with Jason today and asked him about the VAM1202s. He said that Naim have managed to source some VAM1202s with mostly good laser heads, at the very least. I assume therefore, they will make good mechs by combining parts. If so, itā€™s a good sign and confirms that Naim are trying to support older mechs wherever and however they can.

13 Likes

Hi @NeilS, @Richard.Dane
In this case, I have a few questions and clarifications from my CDS3 repair/service in which it had to be sent back to the UK by musicline. RMA number 064101. The job sheet is not clear regarding the mech. Unable to confirm skipping VAM1250 fitted. Is this a new one or the original mech.? DAC replaced for faulty channel is relatively clear.
If we could take this discussion offline that would be great
Many thanks in advance
Mark

Thanks Richard,
I have contacted Focal/Naim in Canada. Can one of these be sent to them? I have been hoping for a repair for a year and really miss my CDS3.

thanks!

mike

No idea Mike, that would down to the people at Naim.

I wanted to write, as well as just lazily chucking you an emoji response. That is such good news, thanks for sharing it. I donā€™t know if itā€™s just me, but seems like the forum needed some good Naim news on the service side, and thatā€™s right up there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have submitted information to Naim/Focal N.America and am waiting for a reply. I know they receive shipments from Naim HQ weekly. Hoping for good news!

Hi Mark,

I didnā€™t personally work on your unit, but reading between the lines it appears that we were unable to recreate the skipping fault (passed transport soak period etc.) & the original VAM1250 remains. At the time we were unable to replace it with the VAM1202 due to the shortage.

Regards
Neil.

Hi @NeilS,
Thanks for the response. For information, when I submitted the CDS3 for repair, I did not say the unit was skipping. Just the low distorted output on one channel. So the job report and work done is consistent with the state when I took it in.
With regards the new mech. VAM1202, does this mean that Naim can source this now and fully service CDS3s in the future? If so that is good news.
Regards,
Mark

Ah, perhaps something got lost in translation somewhere along the way then.

This is currently the case, yes.

Regards
Neil.

5 Likes

Thanks to Naim HQ, Richard Dane, Stephano Petrocca, and Michel Rousseau[Focal/Naim N. America]. My CDS3 is shipping to Canada for a new laser mech! I am extremely pleased with the level of customer service and can return to CD bliss in a few weeks. Bravo Naim!

mike

11 Likes

Good news for cds3 owners at last. Lets hope that it will remain serviceable when the time will comeā€¦

1 Like

My cds3 is on it way from Dublin to naim so hopefully it wonā€™t be too long of a wait for repair .

2 Likes

Hi, did you get your cds3 back from service yet.?

My CDS3 has returned and sounds excellent. Paired with the PS555 it eclipses the Cyrus CDi by a far margin. Fine customer service from Naim/Focal N. America.

4 Likes

Great thanks i have mine in for service still waiting for it back gone 4 weeks now hopefully i will hear something soon glad to hear your happy.