CDX2 won't update TOC

Hi,

I just got my CDX2 back from focal-naim for a new transport, and I have this problem. I am opening a new ticket with them, but would like to see if anyone here ran into the same issue:

The Table of content (number of tracks, total time of the disk) is stuck on the first disk I put in, when I open the draw the display still shows the info of the disk vs “–”; and when I put another disk in the player doesn’t seem to read it and continue to display TOC of the first disk. It will play the new CD, but only if I play from the beginning. I can’t select any other tracks.

Thanks,
HUi

I wonder if the little magnet that tells if the drawer is open or closed has come loose in transit. @NeilS may have an idea here.

Sounds like you’re definitely on the right track there Richard, but either the magnet is stuck to the tray, or the circuit/reed switch has failed closed. Otherwise the laser diode would be permanently off.

Regards
Neil.

Thanks, Richard. This is what I suspect after trying a few things without success, it’s as if opening/closing the drawer has no effect or the player is not aware of these actions. It plays cd fine, but can’t skip to random tracks because I guess the TOC was not read.

Thank you guys for the insight, and you are right on the money. Here is reply from Naim:

“The CD Tray door has a magnetic trigger that is used to tell the player that the door has opened and re-closed, he believes that it may have been dislodged during shipping.”

The player is going back to Naim.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.