Celestion SL6Si bookshelf speaker is this good for Naims?

Wow big changes!!! that will be an entirely different speaker…could be good…but what’s for sure it ain’t a SL6Si… let us know how you get on…

1 Like

I pick up my modified Celestion SL6Si speakers up on Saturday, a five-hour plus return trip. I hope to test them on Sunday when we have some friends from Canberra stopping the night.

Out of pocket expenses $1,000 AUD for the speakers plus a little over $500 for transportation. I insured them for $5,000 each as if lost or damaged I could replace them with something new. That was delivery one way to Brisbane about 2,000 kilometres away. They are returned free of charge to a suburb in East Melbourne for me to pick up on Saturday.

Stay tuned.

Mitch.

2 Likes

Holy moly I hope they do what you want them to do … interesting…keep us posted…

Do you know what changes are being made to the crossovers?

G’day Xanthe,

That is a very good question which I did not ask the repairer. It was a very long day on the road yesterday and I was glad to be home. I only thought about this 15 minutes ago when I woke up at 05:15 am after making a cup of coffee this morning. The other thing I will ask him is what the new if there is a change to the dB SPL rating.

It might be just worth a phone call on Thursday as today is a national public holiday, Australia Day.

Thank you for your question.

Mitch.

Hope they work out for you and Shelley, Mitch.

Best,
Chris

Hi Mitch can you post some photos…hope all is going well…

I have pair with SL6Si but I think the sound is a little dull, I am prefer using BW

These speakers do have tilted frequency response…and need careful partnering…they are pretty good speakers which are a nice easy listen…probably not the best choice for rock music! I once heard their metal brothers 700si…driven by a Krell they sounded amazing… I think these Celestions really like to be driven by a muscle amp…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.