Changing cartridges...do i need to change anything else?

Antonio1
I am not about to argue with you.
I’m just reporting what I have heard from my experience regardless of technical similarity.
I recall Naim suggested some caps/resistor combinations to replicate S or K for Superline. I can’t remember the combination as I don’t use either loading for my cartridge.

But Troika I will try a Stageline K.

One other instance I recall the difference was when I was listening to some demo turntable it did not sound good. I asked which loading if they were using and it was K. A minute he changed the loading to S, the turntable sounded much better. I can’t now remember which cartridge was tho. Could have been Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua but not certain now.

That is perilously close to being the audio equivalent of what in our family is known as the Ann Clarke School of Domestic Science. There is always a backup of store cupboard essentials in the pantry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Christopher_M :rofl:
Well just bought some…on Fleabay! 90 quid!

1 Like

nice.
try both and report back which suits your system best
it’s an easy swap.

1 Like

@Antonio1 will do!

1 Like

@Antonio1… So by way of a bit of feedback I received my deck back on Monday with the new cirkus bearing a Lingo 3 and a new DV 20x2…but still with the K phono cards.
OK so it was a little shrill and harsh but no big deal…but not as smooth as I remember the Troika.
Lived with it until today…switched to the S cards and immediately noticed quite a difference…smoother and just altogether nicer to my ear, the shrill had gone. So will run along with these and see what transpires!
So my recommendation is the S card for the particular cartridge in my system.

Just as she does for us, I always knew ‘Ann Clarke’ would see you right! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Christopher_M :rofl:

1 Like

Any ideas on how to stop the dust/fluff pick up problem…now i have a sharp stylus I think its cleaning rather than playing he records…!

I find those little carbon fibre brushes (used dry) good for routine removal of ‘fluff’ from the stylus. I believe Project now make a similar brush.

happy you tried and worked better

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.