Cheap alternative to Qb?

Hi everyone. Apologies in advance, but I’m looking for a non-Naim recommendation! I have Nait 5Si, CD 5Si and Focal Aria 906s in the man cave, and a Mu-so Mk1 in the living room, doubling as a TV soundbar and streamer.

I’m now looking to replace the very ordinary Amazon Echo in the kitchen with another speaker capable of streaming, but I can’t stretch to a Qb. I only want to pay about £200. Any recommendations please? Any opinions on a Sonos One? Thanks for your help.

Sonos Play 1

1 Like

Hard to beat for the price I use 2x Play 1s as a stereo pair in my caravan but even in solo mode an excellent sound

1 Like

Bluesound Pulse Flex?

1 Like

I don’t think you can do wrong with Sonos.

It also holds its value well being well supported and popular making it easy to sell on if you feel the urge to upgrade at a later date.

1 Like

Bluesound indeed, or consider the Cambridge Audio Yoyo M. Despite Bluetooth sounded good to my ear, is a stereo pair and is the only good solution I know of that can be used truly wireless.

Another vote for the Sonos Play 1. Excellent little speakers and a good control app. I think you can get the later ones with Alexa built in too if voice control floats your boat.

If you don’t care about the flexibility of being fully wireless or having a stereo pair (you would have neither with a Qb), look at the Yoyo L as well. Haven’t heard it myself, but as I said I liked the M and it has gotten good reviews. It supports a good amount of input methods which are better than bluetooth like Chromecast, Spotify Connect, etc. and physical ones like optical and HDMI Arc.

It’s probably the closest to a Qb near your price range, and I’ve never been impressed by anything Sonos I’ve come across…

1 Like

Sonos One. Slick interface with Alexa and google services available and very good sound quality especially after enabling true play EQ. I very much doubt you’ll be disappointed.

1 Like

One or two Ikea SYMFONISK (by Sonos)

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what did you get (and why)?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.