Chilli jelly

I thread the chillies with a needle and cotton to hang them up in the conservatory to dry. Then I pack them in jars. You can also pickle them, put them in oil or freeze them.

2 Likes

I made chilli jam several years ago with red peppers and a few chillis. Must try you recipe.

Chilli jam sounds interesting. Iā€™ve been growing chillies and making sauce from them for many years. My go-to variety is Habanero as they seem to grow well in the limited conditions I have (windowsills and a balcony). This year however, I was given a mixture of seeds by someone at a local chilli festival. They are all doing well so far, but one variety has gone completely mad. I am not sure exactly what they are, but it looks likely that they could be Sugar Rush Peach. A few have ripened already and they seem to be quite mild compared to my others. Iā€™m thinking they might be ideal to use for a jam/jelly.

There are quite a few:

3 Likes

Nice pictures and it does look like the fashionable Sugar Rush Peach. Plants and pods can grow large. Iā€™ll have to get some seeds.

Havenā€™t come across those. This year in the greenhouse, weā€™ve got Piment de Padron, JalapeƱo, Anaheim, Scotch Bonnet, Apache, Bhut Jolokia, and one I canā€™t remember - bought on a whim from B & Q ā€¦.could be Hot Banana.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.