Choices, choices…… tweak or upgrade?

Again, after Clare’s statements the never is not happening. The case, very possible and worth considering if important for the OP

But again, the OP clearly asked for 3 box solutions. We all know that he could use a 282/252, SC, NDX2, XPS/555, maybe a 300. Not sure how helpful this is.

If it must be 3, he has 2 real options as far as I can tell: NDX2/PS + SN3, or wait for 272-2 plus PS plus 250. Both are good choices with pros and cons.
Edit: Or NDX2, 202, 200, but it soon would end up with an XPS on the NDX2 and a NAPSC :wink:

You should also point out the replacement could be out at the end of the year. See previous post.

I’m gambling the replacement will be out sooner than later as I have no interest in going the SN route. The OP has options, a 555PS would be a big step up and should satisfy him for some period of time. Maybe a 250 DR if his 250 is not a DR. Assuming he can’t be swayed from his box count requirement.

The point is, IF the OP decides this way, he should consider that it can be the end of the year (optimistic), mid-2023 (realistic, and I only said that this possibility was worth mentioning), or 10-never (very unlikely)

Not likely, since Clare said they would wait with a (possible) introduction until the general production and logistical problems would be resolved. That is not going to happen in the (very) short term.

Ok, again, both of your opinions, you don’t know, realistic, optimistic, never, you don’t know.

Same for you gambling. :wink:

1 Like

Well we can reason in the face of insecurities, we do it all the time in life, and attach probabilities to it (optimistic/realistic/pessimistic). Of course that’s not knowing and shouldn’t be confused with it, but the bet that there won’t be an announcement in our mailboxes tomorrow or next week would probably be a good one. And looking at supply chain realities and what Clare did say, 2022 or even 2023 is not crazy. Look at how some people behaved in the Solstice thread because it is taking months to build 500.

Again, the whole spectrum of possibilities should be a part of the OP’s decision-making process.

Thanks, professor, I make a good living off my ability to forecast the financial and economic futures of my employers.

This makes it even more puzzling that you keep saying that I should say the things that I already said

1 Like

Let’s stop bickering. It really doesn’t help the OP in a decision

1 Like

Indeed

Hi @anon6764246 , I think the best decision depends on why you feel the need to upgrade at all. Is it for improving the SQ, in which case upgrading the PS looks like a good way to go? Or do you want the extra functionality of the new streaming platform in which case NDX2/SN/PS looks like a good move? Or is it just the upgrade itch, in which case not scratching it for a few months and just enjoying music though your excellent system and revisiting later might be best.

Roger

2 Likes

That is my fear also. Although your tuner doesn’t either :slight_smile:

Just thought should mention that we don’t know if the 272 replacement will be compatible with the XPS DR or the 555PS. It seems likely that this would be the case but to buy a 555PS now with the intention of using it on a 272 replacment when this is available would entail some risk…

1 Like

I didn’t say any such thing, I consider the issue resolved. Thanks.

1 Like

Little doubt that you are right – it won’t be in 10 years… We probably have a successor of the successor in 10 years. In any case, the successor will have lost most of its value in 10 years – quite different to 252s or 282, for instance…

Same as NDX2. If 3 boxes are a must there will of course be compromises one way or the other

Or the replacement will be able to fully use the 555PS. That goes both ways.

True – that’s why I don’t have an NDX2…

But the OP wants a streamer, in one way or other