Choose your fighter: Full Fat Fraim vs SVT with Bronze Upgrade

It is very irritating that a minority of narrow-minded bigots can put off someone like yourself from posting on certain topics that can provoke OTT responses.

I literally had to jump on you to get your input on the Fraim brawn/brains thread I opened.

I can assure you DB, for every plonker who might attack you, there are a 100 of us who appreciate your experience of all things Naim, and the sheer amount of experimentation you have invested over the years.

You certainly deserve to sit back and enjoy the music, but please continue to post on here.

14 Likes

Thanks Nigel - it is actually nice to hear and appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face:
I will always respond when asked, but probably prefer to disappear from threads when they get too animated and angry - the older Bear in me perhaps? :bear:

DB.

9 Likes

Understood. No one needs grief when simply trying to be helpful.

Enjoy your evening.

1 Like

Just to add I wasn’t getting at anyone or saying anyone is a fool etc, as like I said everyone is free to do as they please and like others I just give my views on things I have tried, just like everyone else does on here.

The Simrack stuff does look very nicely made, but possibly the least effective rack for hiding your electronics? For me, Isoblue does that quite well. I have an empty shelf on top (apart from the odd wine glass) and there is very little evidence of the electronics underneath.

Don’t think anyone had you in their sights Dunc. You are always civil and reasonable.

1 Like

Cheers
But just wanted to double check it wasn’t taken the wrong way, as its easy to read things differently.
I like a good mess about as much as everyone, and like exploring different things to try and gain better results.

1 Like

I hope I have not barked you :chicken:. I should have not used the term “ extreme “ but rather “ very perfectionist “.

I did not mean you at all!!
You are a Gentleman. :bear:

DB.

2 Likes

Anyway, there would be no contest between a dog and a bear, nor a rooster and a bear come to that.

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t sure if were not a bit awkward. I feel reassured now.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just picked up the Fraim from UPS. Will unbox and build tonight.

1 Like

You ordered it before the beginning of your thread or is it a recent decision?

Don’t forget the Fraim build FAQ on here.

2 Likes

I ordered Before the beginning of thread. I bought the SVT because the new Fraim is out of my budget and I have never seen a used one locally. Then right after a pre-owned one popped up at a 1/3rd of the price and I jumped on it.

1 Like

Yes! I have been reading it. I have a good game plan with all the tips on here!

Yeah, it is like the planning of a full scale military operation. My extra Fraim will arrive soon and I have to go from one stack to brawn and brains stacks.

See you all in a few weeks!

Actually, the last time I moved my Fraim from one room to another, armed with the FAQ Fraim build guide, things went surprisingly well.

As the saying goes, failing to plan is planning to fail.

How would the nerves/mind pick up differences in soundwaves apart from via the ear?

Answer - via vibrations of your skull.

My first rack was a quadraspire Q4… black ash with a cd5 112 & 150… looked & sounded great!
Prefer the look of the fraim. But love quadraspire… Do they still make them wobbly :joy:

Just finished up. The FAQ and tips on here were super helpful. Sounds a bit faster, more pace and with a bigger soundstage

3 Likes