Chord cables?

Hi, I’m wondering how many people here use Chord cables in their systems and what do you think of them? Chord manufactures a variety of cables such as power, signal and speaker cables, what do you say, is it “good stuff” or are there other brands that suit Naim equipment better?

1 Like

I had ClearwayX speaker cable, then Witch Hat Phantom, which was maybe slightly better, a little more soundstage. I’ve had EpicXL for some months now. Much better than either previous cable, just more of everything - an overall feeling of openness.

2 Likes

I use Chord Sarsen in my office system largely because NACA5 was too inflexible to use with small wall-mounted speakers. Couldn’t really hear a consistent difference TBH.

Main system has no speaker cables or interconnects!

Roger

Yes it does! What are those wires between the Vega and the ATCs if they’re not interconnects? I’m sure Chord could make you some if you asked.

I use Chord signal cables on all the sources to pre-amp connections other than a turntable, including, CD Player, Tuner and pre-amp to headphone amp signal path. They are very good in my view.

3 Likes

Have a Chord Sarum Tuned Array Streaming cable from Port B on the EtherREGEN to the NDS.
Also a Anthem Tuned Array streaming cable for the UltraRendu running the SonoreUPnP Bridge which feeds the Roon stream to the NDS, through from the Port As to Port B on the EtherREGEN.

2 Likes

Chord Epic Twin speaker cables here, never looked back …

2 Likes

I have several older Chord interconnects (one Chrysalis, one Cobra), but neither are in current use.

1 Like

Chord make some of the best sounding cables you can buy. They have a connection with Naim and use Naim equipment (and their ears) to test their cables.
I’ve used them from the least expensive to the most expensive. I currently use their ChordMusics to connect my NAC 552 to my NAP 300 DR. I just had them make up their Signature version to connect my Atom HE to my NAP 250 DR
I’ve used their C-Streams to in my home network to connect a Naim Mu-So to a network router.
The price of ChordMusics is about 100 times the price of C-Streams. Even so, all of their cables are designed to reproduce music not data.
There is a broad range of Chord cables to choose from. In my experience, the more you spend the better the performance. Just remember that the law of diminishing returns applies to audio cables in spades.

7 Likes

I had Chord Epic Twin for about 15 years. Very nice cables. Then I heard WH Phantom. Then I heard Kudos KS-1.

To quote Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours track……”Never Going Back Again”:+1:

2 Likes

Not only does Chord manufacture a variety of cables for different purposes, but it also manufactures cables to different specifications (= price) right up to the Chord Music, which several people on here swear by. They do work well with Naim electronics.

Chord Music throughout here (apart from Powerlines)) Superb cables and a worthy upgrade from any Naim variant IMO. My dealer is “waxing lyrical” about the new Chord SignatureX mains cables and is posting me seven to try next week.

2 Likes

Well Cohen, you must be a good customer :wink: ATB Peter

I can only comment for Chord Epic. Had them for a few years and on reflection were awful. Extremely bright, brittle and fatiguing. Change for the all copper NACA5 and never looked back.

2 Likes

Have a listen to some Peter if you haven’t already. They might surprise you.

ATB

Rob

1 Like

I had a pair of Chord Epic for a couple of years.

Also swopped it for NACA5, which I much prefer.

I did enjoy Chord Rumour 2 for many years into my Naim Arivas.

1 Like

Chord signature tuned array interconnects
Sarum t power cord for 555 dr
Will go for Sarum t Din RCA in the next months or year

3 Likes

Chord Epic from Streamer/Server to DAC and DAC to pre. Half price too.

1 Like

For streaming/ethernet cables - Sarum T, Super sarum array, C-stream - my experience has been really good, gives body and weight, although it must be said I have not tried too many alternatives. For the interconnects, my side by side comparison and taste, is Naim are better giving more PRAT.

1 Like

Still have and use a number of Chord Company Interconnects, RCA to RCA and RCA to DIN as examples.
Also have a number of C-Stream Ethernet cables in the LAN
I used them a lot when I had a mixed system of Naim and RCA based kit. Still using various RCA IC’s in other systems, Signature and Chameleon as examples.

1 Like